How do you stop the urge of buying more??

Status
Not open for further replies.

babybear11

Mom to 2 beautiful boys!
Reaction score
As the title says .... :flower:

I'm done for both boys! They have lots, too much in fact BUT how do you resist the urge and not buy anything else?

I'm finding it soo hard ........:haha:

We only have a balance bike left for DS. We have what I consider to be a huge amount of gifts for a two year old. BUT I keep seeing things I KNOW he will love. My mil seems to have bought him more than us :dohh: she gets so excited:haha:

The two major things (not big/expensive things just the ones we know he will love) we have asked my parents and my sister to get him. They quite happy to be given a list of gifts. My best friend has also asked for suggestions so next time I find something I get a big urge to buy il pass it on to her:happydance:

I would love to know if anyone has the answer to this cause i was finished ages ago and yet im still ordering things daily.

I have bought way too much for gabby this year so I have put things away for her birthday and the things I am not that bothered about (mainly a big pile of things I bought last year that I know she would still love but not as much as other things) I am going to sell. I am determined this year she is going to love and appreciate everything. Also some of the over spill I have give to MIL to give her as she always asks me to get the presents for her and I normally buy specifically as extra but this year just picked out things also MIL very happy as she has got so much to give her this year for the money as I have given her quite a few of the bargains.

When I've finished buying for Christmas I start buying for their birthdays :haha:. Unfortunately this is getting out of hand, I have dress up sets I won't be able to give to DD until she is at least 5 and Lego sets that they won't use for a few more years :dohh:.

Add it to your wish list on amazon and leave it there for a couple of weeks, if you still want it after that then buy it. I'm terrible for impulse buys but this curbs it. I don't always end up buying from amazon but they usually have everything so it's easier to have it all in one place!

I'm a bloody nightmare right now, Tori asks, santa gets. Simple.
I need help!

once im done i might ask my mam to change my amazon password and not tell me it til after xmas hahaha!
oh and not set foot in home bargains, toy shops and try my hardest to avoid supermarket toy aisles. or better still stick to online til xmas is over ;)
they will have more than enough when i am done and i need my living room flooring done in time for xmas so need to not spend!

Ha ha Eleanor ace I would be doing that if I could but oh will divorce me I think lol ... After Christmas we start birthdays. But I have mental lists of what they would love lol...

Bid fab idea about adding to Amazon wish list I can then feel I'm being productive at least.

Defo going to pass on ideas to fam ha ha. Xx

I do the amazon wish list trick too. Most things end up getting removed once I've had a chance to think them over and remove the impulse to get right that second.

Normally i give OH my card, but this year i know my card number of the top of my head so dont even need it to buy stuff. But i cant actually find my bargains for my kids to spend the money.

I start wrapping their presents to avoid shopping more :thumbup:

I'm a nightmare too. I just keep on going, and I know that this year, like last year, and the year before that, I will bring it all down from the loft and then realise I have gone way overboard....again and hubby will moan at me....again....and then it will be the January sales....and I will start the process all over again....

I do too :( worse thing about being organised and starting early!

I don't :dohh:

With ds1 it's not too bad as he's older now and knows what he likes so can't buy him pointless stuff, with ds2 I have so much in the attic from bargains... I use the excuse that I'm splitting between Xmas and his birthday to OH when he comments :haha: I have stuff for next Xmas for ds2 as. Can't resist a bargain :dohh:

Looking at my bank balance :haha:

But no seriously I have a budget I won't go over, I already have it saved in a bank account I can access, I have a spreadsheet detailing how much I have for each person, once that money goes it goes, we have more of course lol but I won't use it on Christmas. What I am a bugger for going "over" with is things like yankee candles, food etc, I really should bring in a similar strict style budget for that stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"