How do you tell people to stop torturing you with your phobia?

Nobody took me seriously with mine, and I found asking them to stop only made it worse. My phobia is feet/people trying to touch my feet, people have always found it hilarious to stuff their rancid toes in my face. So I decided to tell everyone I got over my phobia (and got them back, "proving" it by sticking my own mucky trotters in their faces). I was totally lying but it stopped altogether.
Oh I so get this one. A foot massage would be my worst nightmare. I can't stand people touching my feet. Its yuck

Eurgh my feet just curled in reading "foot massage" :lol:

Balloons! Not a phobia I'd say but a serious fear, more than the average person. I hate them. Cringe and have to leave the room if anyone plays with one or brings one within 10 feet of me.

I don;t like moths, and ants, not phobic , but ants as long as they are not out in the wild(aka on my doorstep or kitchen) make me go itchy. moths, we had a flour moth infestation in our kitchen when I was 16 since then I hated them.

Balloons! Not a phobia I'd say but a serious fear, more than the average person. I hate them. Cringe and have to leave the room if anyone plays with one or brings one within 10 feet of me.

How do you cope at children's parties if you don't mind me asking? I can't even bring myself to say what i have a phobia of, but children often have them.

If my LO gets invited to a party I get anxious to the point of panic attacks in case they're going to be there. Up until now I have got my husband to ask and we have known people well enough to do so, but am dreading parties of school friends.

I would block them if they don't stop. They've been told how much it bothers you, so its pretty insensitive and cruel to continue torturing you like that just because they find it "funny". If they ask why they got blocked, I'd be pretty blunt about why.

I'm also pretty terrified of spiders. Not on the same level as you are, but definitely hate them, and am terrified of them. My phobia doesn't extend to pictures or talking about them, really, its mostly just the real things. If I see one or am near a real one, my blood runs cold, I lose my breath, it takes me a minute to think straight to get away from it. My phobia stems from being bitten quite a lot by spiders, though, so I'm constantly in fear of getting bitten by them. I get bitten at least several times a year. I don't know if I give off a smell they like/hate, or am just always in their way, or what, but somehow always manage to get bitten. And I react quite badly to it, which makes it even worse. When I was pregnant with DS2, I got bit 3 times on one arm, and my whole arm ended up swelling up like a balloon, and itched like crazy. I'm getting the heeby geebies just thinking about it. Okay, I'm done, no more torture talking about it. EEK.

:shock: I don't know that I've ever been bitten by them, but that totally made my skin crawl just thinking about one ON me, let alone biting me! Oh huh, that's awful!!! :(

:hugs:

No advice, sorry, but I have a phobia of being sick and some people can be awful about it :sad1:

How do you cope at children's parties if you don't mind me asking? I can't even bring myself to say what i have a phobia of, but children often have them.

If my LO gets invited to a party I get anxious to the point of panic attacks in case they're going to be there. Up until now I have got my husband to ask and we have known people well enough to do so, but am dreading parties of school friends.

Well Jack is not 3 yet so haven't been invited to many parties yet. But when I do, I usually end up just wandering to the opposite side of the room where the balloons are and if I have to leave the room, I do. My worst was my prom. There was about 1100 balloons and towards the end, they released them and popped them all and I had to leave the room. I was very panicky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->