How do you tell what's what?

Lazy Leo

Reaction score
I hope I don't sound odd, but how do you tell the difference between a headbutt, a kick, a punch etc?

I feel movements in my pelvic area and I've starting to get what I'd describe as twinges much lower, almost in the cervical region, but I've got no idea what part of the baby's bodies causes the movement.

I can often feel a very rounded section or indeed two so I know one must be the head and one must be her bottom but how do you tell what's what? Or am I just thick?!

Normally by how big and the shape. When Hunter would move his head, I could see on the outside his head move around. When he would kick, I could see it, aswell as his hands. From just looking I can't tell if its a hand or kick, but can a head since its much larger. When I touch whatever is protruding then I can tell if its a hand or foot. Somtiems it was a elbow.

I was once told that if you push a head sideways it will right itself, if you push a bum it stays pushed.

i could never tell between joshs hands & feet & i never saw them poking out in the obvious hand or feet shape either. I could tell his head as it would be perfectly round but the bum wasn't the same but then again i'll never know really.

i guess you dont exactly know whether its hands or feet which are pummeling your bladder though :)

I think the intensity of the movement kind of tells me what's making it! I would be worried if a punch rather than a kick could cause a shift of the entire bump....unless we've got a wee boxer in there!! Also, the 'twinges' in my cervix blooming well hurt and since I've been told that baby is head down I'm going to assume they're proddings or punches with little hands!
I get a large bulge which is solid and moves from side to side which I thought was a head but I guess it must be a bum as it's right up under my ribs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->