• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do you warm your EBM

babyjan

Mum&expecting#2
Reaction score
I've read you shouldn't place a bottle of ebm in boiling water so what's the quickest way to warm it when it's just out of the refrigerator? Also if I wanna freeze it is it best I put in refrigerator the day before I want to use it?
I'm a lil confused :/

Thanks x

Put it in the freezer as soon as you are done pumping it and I usually will take it out the night before I need it.
So if I need it Tuesday, I take it out Monday night.
And giving cold milk won't do any harm to your baby, despite what some wives tales say. Some babies simply don't like the cooler temperature, but I always just gave it to him straight out of the fridge.
It's also good out of the fridge for 3 hours, so leave it on the counter for a bit if you want (unless it's a super hot day or something).

This from kellymom:

"To thaw milk-
Thaw slowly in the refrigerator (this takes about 12 hours – try putting it in the fridge the night before you need it). Avoid letting milk sit out at room temperature to thaw.
For quicker thawing, hold container under running water – start cool and gradually increase temperature.
Previously frozen milk may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours after it has finished thawing. Do not refreeze.

To warm milk-
Heat water in a cup or other small container, then place frozen milk in the water to warm; or
Use a bottle warmer.
NEVER microwave human milk or heat it directly on the stove."

So if you are going to use it straight away you can put it in warm water (not boiling - but I think that's probably a good idea anyway to avoid burning yourself!). If you want to thaw it but aren't going to use it straight away it's best to do this slowly at cool temps to restrict the growth of bacteria. Basically the warmer you make it the quicker bacteria will grow and the quicker it will spoil.

When I warmed it I would just put it in her cup and then run some hot water over the cup and swirl the milk around a bit until it warmed up.

But now I just give it to her cold right out of the fridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->