how do you?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
how did you pick your baby names?
ive got a baby names book but nothing jumps out at me.

i want the perfect name for our baby and i dont want to just pick any old name.

i dont really want a common name but i dont want a too 'different' name.

arh i dont know where to start.
thanks x x

We are having the same problem. We are thinking of French names as OH is french but it's hard to think of a name which is nice and isn't going to be too difficult in England or translate into a name which in English is very unpopular.

We are mostly just thinking of names back in the family.

thank you anita665.

im going to have an afternoon lokking through my baby name book and writing down some that i like.

OH said he will leave me to sort out names,he wont sit there and think of any but when i have some to choose from im sure he will say yes or no.

thanks again x x

I found the right name just feels like "the one"!?

When you just feel totally right with a decision, we were looking through loads of unique names and scottish names and chose Kai almost immediately if its a boy but kept changing our mind with girls names then just OH just suggested Hope when looking through the same book for the fourth time...it just felt like the perfect choice...kind of like when I met my man! :blush:

Our girls name we both agreed on straight away. Dont even know how we came to it!

Our boys name is Seth Thomas - Thomas was my grandads name, and its in Matts family too.

Seth came from The OC! I was at my friends house and we were just talking about names, we went through all of her DVDs and came across the OC one, and I realised I liked the name Seth (like Seth Cohen, played by Adam Brody). I didn't choose it because it was a name from The OC, or because I fancy the character or anything, its just a nice name that not many people have but isnt completely out there. Matt didn't like it at first but he's come round now :)

xxx

thank you.

its so confusing, but i guess i have got a goos 5 months to choose.

It's well hard to choose! I think like babyblessed said, when you find the right name it just feels like 'the one'
I think it's a good idea to write a list of ones you like and you might pick one or you might get some inspiration
:)
Hope you find one huni!
xx

Most nights laying in bed we would go thru the alphabet and both of us think of names corresponding to the letter we was on.......we ended up buying a baby name book, which only added to the confusion, but as soon as I said Alfie, it conjured up a cheeky persona for me and I fell in love with it. And no mater what names came up afterwards, I loved Alfie, but Paul wasn't keen.

We stopped thinking of names as we couldn't agree, but when we had our 20wk scan and found out it was a boy, Alfie popped back in and I begged my socks off for it as it felt sooo right! :lol: Which Paul agreed with in no time really, so I let him choose the middle name.

I was not wrong with the cheeky part either, he is VERY cheeky ;)

Funny enough tho, there was something on TV a couple of weeks ago which mentioned a girls name, so we have already agreed that if we have a girl at some point, we have a name :)

Well we did the baby name book and came up with a list of names we could both agree on (3 girls names, 2 boys names) but haven't managed to reach a decision beyond that.

We wanted a name begining with C as my oh begins with C. I really liked Calen and he likes Corey but he didnt like mine and I didnt like his so we had to decide on something else I was thinking about C names and thought off Cyran and Celan which is pronouced Kai-ran , Kai-lan just spelt different.

We are having Cyran i love that name

Sorry Celan is pronouced Key-lan , we thought of Cylan as well pronouced Kai-lan

But any one sorry to be confusing MY BABY BOYS NAME WILL BE CYRAN

We have a list of names we like, but are waiting till the baby is born to make sure that 'little johnny' looks like a 'little johnny' you know.

Most nights laying in bed we would go thru the alphabet and both of us think of names corresponding to the letter we was on.......:)

lol Tam, me and DH were doing this last night!! going through the alphabet and trying to think of 2 names for each !
Kind of running out of time now...need a name we both agree on !! lol

:lol: it is a nightmare isn't it!!!!! We had a laugh doing it tho :)

Have you got any ideas Steph?

Another thing we did was have a piece of paper each, put our top 5 names down, then swap and mark which ones we liked until we had a shortlist......x

My OH and i cant agree on names at all. We both made out lists and didn't like what each other had put down. I'm hoping i will just hear a name and know that that is the one.

:lol: it is a nightmare isn't it!!!!! We had a laugh doing it tho :)

Have you got any ideas Steph?

Another thing we did was have a piece of paper each, put our top 5 names down, then swap and mark which ones we liked until we had a shortlist......x

Well for a boy we have Zack or Leon, although probley stick to zack as people may think ive named him after the x-factor dude !! lmao

Well the scan said girl but they werent 100% sure and typically girls names is what we just cant decide on!! We are thinking of Chloe or i like Zoe and Emma, all names we like just none that have made us go "wow i love that name" sort of thing !! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->