How do your BF baby settle to sleep?

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
Mine feeds to sleep but wakes whenever either of us move. He didn't take soother - wouldn't stay in his mouth and I've become a human dummy lol! I think I'm getting tired now from not having any sort of time/evening to myself.

Mine fed to sleep as a newborn but starting around 3 months old she would settle herself to sleep if I put her in the crib. She had a pacifier until she was 6 months old, but since then as just falls asleep on her own with her lovey.

My daughter fed to sleep until she was 3. My son is an awful sleeper. He has a feed and then wriggles about and gets frustrated until he falls asleep. Feeding to sleep was easier!

feeds to sleep. he'll wake up once or twice a night to nurse then go back to sleep.

There's lots of different ages and stages of babies being breastfed, and what works at 1month might be different to what works at 3months which might be different again to 7months or whenever. You've also got growth spurts, sleep regression, developmental leaps, and teething at different stages and again what works might be different during those times.

What you describe (in the evening) sounds like cluster feeding, which is normal and doesn't last forever but can be very draining. How old is your LO?

LOL same I am my son's one and only comfort object. He's 9.5 months and still feeds to sleep most of the time. Other adults can get him to sleep on a full belly by rocking so I know he can do it!

We had the issue where he would wake when we tried to get away, but I started patting him for a few min before I tried to slip away and keep patting that seemed to help block the other movement. We occasionally cuddle but LO's choice is to nurse to sleep!

Mine both fed to sleep. DS1 did until I weaned him at 26.5 months and DS2 is 16 months and still feeds to sleep.

Feeding to sleep is so much easier! And yes, they do learn to go to sleep by themselves whether you feed them to sleep or not. :)

Mine fed to sleep, would never take a pacifier. He weaned at 17 months and within 2-3 days started falling asleep at night on his own and STTN. He rocked to sleep at nap times until closer to two. Now he is a champion sleeper. Hang in there Momma. It DOES eventually get easier :hugs:

Thanks for your replies everyone. My son is just 6.5 months. I was able to BF him and he would fall asleeep so we'd tuck him into his bed at night but naps have always been hard- he just won't nap. May be catch 5 mins if I'm persistent or whilst I'm feeding him but he like I said only last 5/10mins.

Yesterday all he did was cry whenever I put him down hit when I was holding him he kept fussing and wriggling, wanting to latch on. A lot of the times he just wants to comfort suck because when I get a let down he pulls off and whinges. DH isn't always around to take him off me when he does this. I know he is teething really badly but it would help me if I knew there was a certain bedtime (which seem to have disappeared because he won't go down) or a nap time in the day so I know I'd get some time to do things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->