How does an ovulation test work?? (sorry - blush)

firsttimer1

Reaction score
Ovulation tests - are they single use? where do you put them?

ive literally never used one!

I had a natural MC last friday and have now stopped bleeding. We want to start trying asap.
Is it even poss for me to get pregnant this early? i mean - when am i even likely to relase an egg???? :blush:

im sooo confused lol!

It's highly recommended to wait until you get your first period before TTC again. As far as ovulation tests go, they work just like a pregnancy test. I'm using clearblue digital, so it's super easy, you get an empty circle every day you're not ovulating and a happy face the day you are. As far as releasing an egg your first cycle, that varies. Again, it's recommended to wait a cycle first. Good luck.

you can buy opk test in loads of different brands. they will all have instructions in and there all really easy to use. Yes most of them are single use and there urine test, although you can buy saliva ones. It depends how long your cyle is to when you would start testing with the opks. I ovulate on day 17 and my cycle is about 30 days. But every is really different. Some people recommend if you bed every other night you should cover the bases. The only thing with ovulations tests is you can become obssessed once they turn positive and it can put pressure on you both. x

I had a natural miscarriage just under 6 weeks ago. Like you we wanted to try again straight away and I'd never used an ovulation stick. Therefore I bought lots of amazon and started using them from approximately 10 days after I finished bleeding from the miscarriage. I had two days where I got a positive on the ovulation sticks. We did BD leading up to these days but then my partner was away for a few days :growlmad:. Therefore I'm just hoping we were mega lucky and the little swimmers stayed around for a few days. No sigh of period yet but then due to me not waiting for one cycle and I've never tracked my cycle before, I don't know when to expect it. Suppose I'll try a pregnancy test in a few days and hope for the best!

Rutty - just to let you know that the swimmers can live for up to 5 days so hopefully you'll be ok. Good luck!

I had a natural miscarriage just under 6 weeks ago. Like you we wanted to try again straight away and I'd never used an ovulation stick. Therefore I bought lots of amazon and started using them from approximately 10 days after I finished bleeding from the miscarriage. I had two days where I got a positive on the ovulation sticks. We did BD leading up to these days but then my partner was away for a few days :growlmad:. Therefore I'm just hoping we were mega lucky and the little swimmers stayed around for a few days. No sigh of period yet but then due to me not waiting for one cycle and I've never tracked my cycle before, I don't know when to expect it. Suppose I'll try a pregnancy test in a few days and hope for the best!

Hi hun, You never know as sperm can take a few days to get there heehee :flower: keep us posted and good luck!

I had my scan today to confirm all is out - and she sd i can start trying once had a period. Im all confused about whether to try now or wait. I cant find any evidence that its better to wait, and the wait will be AWFUL. But at the same time i want to do all i can to help the bean stick this time. Im starting pregnacare vitimin thingys today - im determined to give the next baby the best start possible! :flower:

Hello again. We were told to wait until I'd had my first af but only for dating reasons. They said if I did get pregnant I would just have an early scan to date the pregnancy. My personal thoughts are if your body is not ready then it won't get pregnant, but I'm no doctor!!

Hi hun, You never know as sperm can take a few days to get there heehee :flower: keep us posted and good luck!

I had my scan today to confirm all is out - and she sd i can start trying once had a period. Im all confused about whether to try now or wait. I cant find any evidence that its better to wait, and the wait will be AWFUL. But at the same time i want to do all i can to help the bean stick this time. Im starting pregnacare vitimin thingys today - im determined to give the next baby the best start possible! :flower:

When my doctor told me to wait until my first AF I asked her why and it's purely for dating reasons she told me. As it happened we weren't ready to try again straight away but she said it shouldn't have been an issue, just have an early scan to date pregnancy. Hope this helps :flower:

My Doc asked me to wait two cycles to make sure the shock to my body from my D&C was over. Doc said she has seen many successful pregnancies from women who didn't wait and she can't force me to wait but she highly recommended it. So I guess it is up to you and what you want to do.

Waiting is killing me but I am glad I decided to. I have had spotting since and and odd AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->