How does sleep deprivation affect BBT?

bohemiangel

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how the temps are affected by lack of sleep or restless sleep. Are they all over the place, or lower than usual? My past 6 charts have shown a very clear temperature shift when I had good sleep, and now this month my temps have stayed pretty low. I guess I could be having an anovulatory cycle... But I'm really hoping that's not the case and the low temps might be due to restless sleep! Thanks for any insight here!

I'm not sure exactly, but I'm a relatively restless sleeper. My BBT is generally "mountain-y", which I've read can be attributed to restless sleep. However, I am always able to differentiate between the two phases of my cycle. If all your temps are low I'd guess you haven't ovulated yet, but it's hard to say without looking at your chart. Do you chart with ff?

I have chronic insomnia and restless sleep and my pattern does look quite zig-zaggy, but as above there is always a clear pattern pre-ovulation and post-ovulation.

xx

Thank you so much for your input, ladies. I'll try to attach a picture of my chart- I've been using Kindara. I do see a little temp spike in there, but it's only 2 tenths above the coverline. My previous 6 charts had a temp difference of at least .5 degree difference. What do you all think?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98890747@N04/15131049911/

Hmmmm, haven't quite learned how to posts photos here yet. Let me know if you can't see the photo!

Hmm.. that is a tricky chart to read, isn't it? I hate this answer but a lot of times when I'm struggling to determine what my chart is saying it means I need to just sit tight and wait. Charts become more discernable when there's more information. I know.. annoying.

But, working off of this - is there any way you ovulated on CD11? If you placed your coverline between 97.8 and 97.9 you could see two temperature levels. Is that a super early ovulation for you?

Hmm.. that is a tricky chart to read, isn't it? I hate this answer but a lot of times when I'm struggling to determine what my chart is saying it means I need to just sit tight and wait. Charts become more discernable when there's more information. I know.. annoying.

But, working off of this - is there any way you ovulated on CD11? If you placed your coverline between 97.8 and 97.9 you could see two temperature levels. Is that a super early ovulation for you?

Thanks for your response! Actually yes, it would be possible for ovulation to have occurred on CD 11. It has been on CD 11 before, and other months has been on CD13. So that would be about right for me :)

This morning my temp crept up another two tenths of a degree, so at least it's staying above the cover line. I think you're right about waiting for more information to see how the chart looks over time. Sigh... The wait continues... :coffee:

Hi ladies, I'm just starting to temp again but since coming off my meds I'm usually awake for at least an hour between 2 and 5, would I do it whenever I wake up then or at the same time 'in the morning' say around 7? Hope that makes sense and you don't mind me hijacking your thread :)

Hi Loo,

What time do you go to sleep? Are you awake as in up and moving about the house from 2-5? Or laying in bed reading/on your phone? Or laying in bed trying to fall back asleep?

If it's one of the two former, I'd say temp at 2. But set yourself an alarm to make sure you temp EVERY DAY at 2. If it's the latter, I'd say temp when you wake up for the day. The way I see it, you should still be able to see a pattern, even with the few tenths of a degree difference that restless sleep will give you. However, if you're getting up and walking around, that might be enough activity to really throw your chart off.

GL!

Thanks for your reply Savasanna. I normally go to bed around 10/11, and get up for a wee when I wake up. I then usually try to go back to sleep but quite often end up on my phone. I'll have a think about whether to temp then, I may only do it for one cycle. My health issue means I probably shouldn't be encouraging more sleep deprivation! Thank you for your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->