How early are people buying the odd thing?

KimmyB13

Pregnant- 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wondering at what stage people are buying the odd bits they see and fall in love with for their beans? I have seen a snow suit and as it is out of season now it's half price! I love it and want too get it it scared incase I jinx things x

I am bustinggggg to start buying neutral things I've been on sites and seen lovely vests that say I love mummy and daddy but I don't wanna jinx things either 😣 I wanna go shopping xx

It's so hard, but now is the best thing to get things at a good price for winter babies x

Well I guess I have no will power because I've already bought a ton of boy and some girl stuff as I see it on clearance! I guess I just figure "whatever I don't have will make good gifts" :winkwink:

I've bought loads, I'm not even sorry!!! I was far too excited!!!!

I caved and bought the little snow suit, just kept thinking about it! Now I've started that will be it :) x x

I will refrane from buying anything until 12 weeks and then I will get a suit. Then only at 20 weeks I will buy everything :)

I will start buying things around 35 weeks :winkwink: I love the last minute rush.

I bought my pram by 6 weeks. But that was only because it was £350 cheaper than anywhere else so couldn't resist the bargain. I'm now 13+2 and have bought a few little bits and bobs but not really gonna buy loads until after 20 weeks x

We have bought the buggy and some clothing. We are staying team yellow so only buying limited clothing before the baby comes as theres bugger all nice neutral stuff.

Had the cot and car seat already so all I need to do is get the capsule, cloth bums and cot linen and we are set

I won't be buying too much brand new (third baby) but I've already got a bunch of second hand stuff arranged :) I'm getting a swing, an ergo and even a bunch of girl clothes if it's a girl. Lol. Oh and I bought a second hand car seat.

I'm soooo tempted to buy stuff! I bought one cute kids book. I'll try to hold off from buying too much until we know if it's a boy or girl, but if I see good deals on cute things I will get it, early scan tomorrow so hopefully all is well.

I have already bought loads!!! Haha. I'm in Japan and can't resist the cute little jumpsuits :)

I haven't bought anything yet but reading all of these answers is so enabling! :haha: I work across the street from a department store and something tells me I'll be coming home with a onesie or two tomorrow...

I layby'd a car seat and some clothing , cot sheets ect before my bfp . Last bfp I refused to by anything until at least 12 weeks and I had a MMC so I did the complete opposite , the shopping made me feel better :)

We are team yellow, so if I see any beaute all stuff I just can't resist! Already seen the nursery furniture I think I want! OH is being cautious and doesn't want is to get ahead of ourselves but I can't help it, it's so exciting :) x

I want buy anything until after the shower unless it is a can't pass sale, or maybe something big like the crib.

I don't want to buy anything until after my first scan, next Tuesday. If all is well, Dh & I plan on going to babies r us to get a few things :)

I have not even looked at anything yet, I havent even been tempted to buy or look, probably because I just have not felt good. But also because it took us three years to get a BFP, so Im too scared to start shopping would somehow ruin everything. Im 11 weeks Sunday, but I still dont feel "in the clear." We sold and gave away all our baby stuff from our 9 year old over the last three years. I told my husband I was convinced we would not get pregnant until I gave away every last bit of baby stuff we owned. I gave away our last baby item, a stroller I bought hoping for a baby, away in December. We were pregnant by Feb. LOL! Maybe I was right!

I was very superstitious with DD and only bought a small blankey for her until after my viability date.

This time, with twins, I am planning to start shopping earlier because I am positive I won't have as much time to prep and will be so huge after my viability date that I won't be as excited to shop. :) That said, I am waiting until we announce publicly at least.

As a word of caution... babies grow at such different speeds, buying things that are season-specific can be dangerous! Keep the tags on and you can re-sell if you have your sizing wrong. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->