How early are people buying the odd thing?

With DS I got an insane amount of presents cos he was the first baby in all my social groups and first grandson in both families. I have so much stuff that he wore only once, and some he couldn't wear at all. What I am eager to do rather than shop is bring it all out and sort it out again for the new baby. But I won't do it until I know the gender. Yet, if it's a girl I know I will end up buying EVERYTHING I see

I will buy something little after my 12 week scan. What sizes are you all buying my first was 7lb 10.5 and my second was 9lb 10 so they were never in newborn for long so I don't think I will bother buying any newborn

Ive brought quite a bit already :blush:

- the crib and mattress
- some unisex clothes
- 2 boxes of nappies, 3 boxes of wipes, toiletries

Everything else is chosen ready to buy

I'm trying to hold off now till 16 weeks when we find out the gender :) and also finished decorating the house xx

I've not bought anything yet! I've not even looked to be honest. I already have a double pram so will be using that again. I got rid of everything else after DS2 grew out of it so will have to rebuy but will be looking at second hand.

I'm so tempted to go and get a few bits on Tuesday after our scan but don't think we'll be able to. I've already got must things after DS1.

Jenna- the snow suit I bought is 0-3months- with bean being due in November it will take is right through the coldest months, infact it will be too big to start, but rather too big than too small x

I started picking up bits and pieces straight after the bfp which was at 3 weeks 2 days lol. I am not superstitious in the slightest - buying things, announcing or not etc will not affect the outcome whatsoever. Learned from last time and bought 0-3 months and up as last baby was too big for newborn size when she was born :rofl: There are so many cute bargains! Can't wait to find out :blue: or :pink: to really go for it though :lol:

Jenna- the snow suit I bought is 0-3months- with bean being due in November it will take is right through the coldest months, infact it will be too big to start, but rather too big than too small x

I think we will just buy 0-3. Think we will wait till we find out gender first I didn't want to know with others but we want to be planned this time round x

Ive bought my Pram!!! lol Only because it was Ex-Display in a Pram shop near me (Bugaboo Cameleon 3) with footmuff for £400!!! thats a Huge saving of £500, so it would of been mad not too, as these type of bargains NEVER come my way.

Im hoping to go team yellow this time, I will literally just buy the essentials, couple of vests, couple of sleep suits, a hat, blanket, nappies and carseat. When i get home (ill be having a c-section) ill just order everything off line :)

So exciting buying your pram. I love the European style prams. Does anyone know where in North American stores you can find them? I've searched online but seems hard to find. They just look so much more classic, I don't know why we don't have them over here...

Omg i was looking at prams alot before I even got my bfp :blush:
So I probably won't hold out much longer to buy one lol!

So exciting buying your pram. I love the European style prams. Does anyone know where in North American stores you can find them? I've searched online but seems hard to find. They just look so much more classic, I don't know why we don't have them over here...

Have you tried on eBay??? there have websites for all over the world, so you could find some local stores there?

I've bought a sleep suit and my mum bought us a blanket. My friend gave us her old Moses basket too as her LO refuses to sleep in it and it was taking up space. I'm not superstitious at all. I'll be ordering my pram at 12 weeks as it's expensive (£900!!) and I'll be paying it monthly so need a head start lol. Everything else I'll buy as I see it on a good deal.

Meg I love your cat blog! Do they have prams where you are?

Thanks! I haven't updated it in ages, been toooo busy but we are getting our new kitten in 2weeks! How many cats do you have? :)

I've mainly been looking at prams online - I think i may buy a good quality second hand one as i see buggaboos that look brand new at 1/3 the price etc :thumbup:

Yeah I've been looking online at prams, I have a mini so need to do a lot of research and testing of which collapse down into the boot! X

With my second baby we still had everything from my first as my first was 11months when I fell pregnant again. This time it's been yrs and we gave everything away so I'll be buying from scratch. I can't wait!!!
My partner bought a steriliser yesterday as it was reduced lol (hoping to breastfeed tho)
I love buying things it helps pass the time 😄

Meg - that's exciting! I have two as well. They were rescue cats and we got them both as they were rescued from the same place.

That's a good idea to look online.

Every time in shopping now I can't help but look for cute baby things. The only thing that stops me buying is not knowing if it's a boy or girl, it's going to be trouble once we find out!

Hi ladies, Meg & CCL I am a foster mom for our local cat shelter. I take in pregnant mama cats and give them a safe place to give birth. We keep the brood until she's done weaning the kittens and then they all get adopted out. It's hard to let them go but it's been the most rewarding experience. We haven't seen 1 cat go to a home that we were worried about. We have a 24 lb black long haired furball rescue that my DH named 'Black Angus of Argyle' :rofl:

I can't believe we bought a crib yesterday! It's gorgeous with all the new safety features and loads of configurations. The original owner is an interior designer and paid $650, we got it for $150. It has a retro feel with squarish Art Deco ends and round rungs on the sides. I got gender neutral crib sets from target when my favourite set was on clearance at Target over a year ago. We're team yellow anyway, it'll be a last minute surprise:bunny:
image.jpg

The lady we bought the crib from was saying the main things to buy are strollers and cribs, all else are bells 'n whistles. She got a stroller with a seat that you have to take off before you can fold it and smallish wheels -hated it. She gave the advice to get a stroller with large wheels and folds down easily with seat not having to be removed. She recommended her friends stroller Britax BReady. I looked at it and it's light, compact, 16 configurations for 2 kids and folds with seats not being removed. I like the red one, will start looking for a used red Britax BReady, I refuse to spend full price on these big ticket items. As long as they're in great shape and have the features I'm looking for. The saved do$h will go into University funds and holidays.:haha:

That's great 2have4kids. Thanks for sharing that. So fantastic that you do that.

I'm still not buying much, my husband would not be thrilled with me buying anything yet, although I would reason that it costs the same now as it will later... And possibly cheaper as could find things on sale. Anyway, I've literally driven to the mall just to look at cute baby clothes. Maybe that is crazy.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->