How effective was your sweep at 39 weeks?

mamawolf

Reaction score
I plan on getting one tomorrow at my appointment. I'm not very dilated but I'm 50 to 60% thinned out and she said he's very low and my cervix is very soft and coming forward (that was a week ago so I hope it's even better now)

How well did yours work?

I have not had one yet but I believe about 1/8 times it helps get things going if your body is ready. I couldnt get one yesterday at doc's because my cervix hasnt dilated but is 50% effaced. They have to be able to at least get a finger in there to move things around.
Maybe it will do the trick for ya!

I was only a fingertip dilated at my appointment a week ago so I hope I'm at least 1 cm by tomorrow. She said I had to be at least 1 cm to do a sweep

I had one at 38-6 and started contractions hours later had my baby girl next day 22hrs later

I plan on getting one tomorrow at my appointment. I'm not very dilated but I'm 50 to 60% thinned out and she said he's very low and my cervix is very soft and coming forward (that was a week ago so I hope it's even better now)

How well did yours work?

I was apparently very unfavourable at 39+1 she could barely reach . I had a sweep and by waters broke early hours of 39+3 with did being born a couple of hours later!

I had one yesterday. Immediately after, had contractions (picked up by monitor) every 2-3 minutes. However, they stopped and now it's the next day. Lost my plug today, and just hoping things start up again tonight. Yesterday, I was 3cm and 50% effaced, cervix very soft. With my son, i had one, and he was born six hours later.

Had swept at 39 weeks and it started everything like the mucus plug and bloody show, day 3 I was in labor. Good luck!!

I had one on Monday at 39+1, 80% effaced and 1cm, didn't do anything for me. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->