How effective?

winterbabies3

Wife, Mother & Expecting
Reaction score
Has anyone had their membranes stripped? If so, did it work for you and how long after did you go into labor?

They said if it's going to work it'll work within 48 hours I'm sure? I had it done with my son at 1 day overdue, I then had sex the following day and propped a pillow under my bum and contractions started right away.. I guess there's no way to know if it was that or the sex or just my body ready for labour anyway. I had it with my last pregnancy a few days overdue as well and nothing at all happened x

I had it done for all 3 babies
1st had it done at 40+1, born 40+3
2nd had it done at 40+3 born at 41weeks
3rd had it done at 40+4 born at 40+6
Not sure if it was that that made me go into labour or if I would've anyway?!?

Thanks ladies. Love to hear more stories! I also had it done with my 2nd son and had my bloody show but nothing else for a couple days. I have only read a couple stories about women going that day, so was curious if thats the norm.

I know of a few women personally who have had it done and went into labour that day as well. I think it probably depends how favorable you are for it too when the time comes. I have a really good midwife this time around and she's willing to give me one at 39+4, then another a few days overdue. My midwifes in the past wouldn't even consider it before 40+1!

I had it done with my second and third, but my cervix was still super high and hard to reach. Never worked for me, I always go about a week late though!

Well ladies, we will see how it work at my next appt!

Good luck :D... I think it works if you're ready to go

Thanks Bevz! 1020am is my appt. Coming up soon! I'll update later

Membranes were stripped at 1030 and since then had a bunch of painful contractions, but now at 3pm they have slowed down to almost nothing!!!='( ugh idk what to think

Hopefully you won't have to wait for too much longer now :hugs:

All yesterday brought was, irregular contractions, back pain and pressure! Slept great last night and not feeling any difference this morning.

Fingers crossed for you something more happens today!

I had it done at 2cm waters went all over her had my little one within the hour my second at 37+4 was suffering with period type cramps so went to see midwife

Well ladies, nothing more today, being induced tomorrow at 39 weeks<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->