How far along were you when baby engaged?

Bethi22

Mama to Graci
Reaction score
How far were you when you were told or felt that baby had engaged? According to the internet ftm's usually are engaged at 36 wks but after asking about having a lot of discomfort down there my ob said that lo is engaged. Does this mean she'll come a bit early or does it mean I just get an extra couple weeks of having a bowling ball on my crotch?

Extrs few weeks of bowling ball me thinks huni, lo started to engage at about 32-33 weeks...thats when bump started to drop and now at 37 weeks lo is 2/5 to 1/5 engaged so nigh on fully now xxxx

2 weeks ago ... and omg my.pregnancy has taken a turn for the worst since... I feel horrible.

Hurry up bubba!

DS1- 34 weeks. I went to almost 42 weeks though!
DS2 - he never fully engaged until labor. Popped in and out up until active! I went 38+3 with him.

Unfortunatly baby engaging doesn't indicate much. Just like dialation and thinning out doesn't mean much. You can go weeks with those things and still go overdue. Or you can not have any of them until labor and go early. Sadly, it doesn't indicate anything. The only thing that indicates when labor will happen is when you are in active labor...which stinks bc we all like signs! those babies will surely keep you guessing

I'm 39 weeks and the baby hasn't engaged... :cry:

Don't think the baby is engaged but felt a definite drop overnight and now getting nasty electric shock feelings and pains in the centre of my pelvis :(. I'm not too worried about it being a sign of pre-term labour though as my eldest didnt engage until the very final stages of labour but with my second eldest he fully engaged at 36 weeks and didnt come out until 42 weeks when I was just about to be induced. So for me my body can behave quite differently than expected. All I am really worried about is having this for a further few weeks-have to go to mothercare for shoes and clothes for my toddler on Sunday as well as a few bits for the baby and I have my ante natal appointments as well :( xx

My little girl never fully engaged until labour either.

My little boy didn't engage until labour, and I went naturally at 41 weeks, this time baby seems to be bobbing in and out. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->