How hardcore a cloth nappy user are you?

jenstar

Reaction score
Just being nosy and wondering how hardcore you cloth nappy users are? Do you never ever ever use disposables or do you use a mixture?

With my first I only really used cloth nappies at home or for short trips where I wasn't having to bring too much other stuff, eg I'd use them for mums&toddlers but not on a day trip. And I never used them over night, or if away on holiday. I had fitteds plus wraps and prefolds plus wraps then.

Now I have fuzzi bunz stuffable nappies with baby2 and I do use them more often on days out. Reason is because with two you have to bring so much stuff anyway, you may as well just bring a MASSIVE bag and be done with it rather than popping a few bits in my handbag lol! I still use sposies for over night.

And with both boys I only started using cloth nappies when they were between 2 and 3 months old and could go straight into medium sizes.

So what way do you do it ladies?

Never ever use disposables.

But more because I'm too lazy to walk to the shop and buy them,its easier to use cloth :rofl:

I use cloth fulltime :) I don't have anything against sposies, and for a while had some Sainsburys eco nappies around. When they ran out though, I never got around to replacing them. Now that I'm in the swing of things with cloth, I don't really miss the sposies at all.

My Mum still tends to send her back to me in Pampers on the days that she has LO. I'm working on that :dohh:

100% cloth here aswell :thumbup: If we go out, i take spare cloth nappies.
The only time hes in sposies is if hes being watched by someone who isnt experienced in cloth which other than the past few weeks is rare.

I use cloth during the day, but I use a disposable at night and first thing in the morning, as he poos right after his brekkie and I dont want to waste a cloth lol, even though I have more then enough to do cloth full time :haha: xxx

Until today i didn't have enough nappies to do everyday. We would have three reusable days and one sposie day but we dont have to do that anymore :happydance: we will still be ising sposies once a nightfor the time being as we dont have any night nappies.

I WAS fulltime but Lyrik is teething and has such a sore bum for pooping soon much:(
So we use two sposies a day:(

I'm a parttimer! Sposies at night and for nursery and cloth when he's with me during the day but I alsways take a sposie out 'just incase' luckily I've never had to use it!

the boys are full time cloth at home , part time when we are out depending if i have enough washed and ready to go to take out with us lol still working on the stash building and they are in sposies at night 5 nights out of 7 as i need more night nappys lol

We use cloth 100% of the time at night, when out - she's only been in disposables twice since the beginning of May when we finally had a stash to CD full time. When she's in the hospital - we do cloth unless she'd had a barium swallow study - it's radio active and stains anything it touches white.

Yep full-timer here :flower:
Lucas started cloth about a month and a half ago, just didn't bother buying anymore sposies once I started so just used up what we had til my stash was big enough.

From 4mo when we first started until almost 2 it was 100% cloth, never disposables, then we started having rash issues and we went to disposables for awhile then it was a mixture. With this baby I plan to never use disposables

We used to be 100% cloth but she is a super heavy wetter at night and I got to the point that I was sick of fighting it with the cloth and having wet sheets every morning. So we throw a disposable on her at night and it contains the wee. :thumbup:

I use cloth full time since we were done with meconium, but there have been some recent exceptions. We bought some sposies after our earthquake and water/power for laundry was questionable. I also recently used one when she hadn't pooed for 3-4 days and I was going out for the day. Regular poo when out for the day, ok to carry around, but not a potential explosion! She didn't go though :blush:

99.9% cloth, I have the tail end of a pack of sposies left over from our holiday in may when we did 50/50 cloth/sposies, which i keep in the car for emergencies or if someone is watching Q for a short time and hasn't used his nappies before (which is rare), the childminder always has a few in the change bag just in case he happens to use all the cloth ones i've provided that day.

Q has been in cloth since 3 weeks old

hehehe, hardcore fluff. :haha:

We've been f/t cloth since early May with 4 days in June when we went away and attempted to use the flip disposables which failed badly so had to buy sposies as had no other cloth. We then used sposies for the flight from the UK to Oz at the end of June.
He hasn't been in a sposie since then and we have none in the house, :)

The next baby I intend on having in cloth f/t from birth, or very soon after birth. (1-2 wks at most)

We are almost exactly the same as you. Disposables at night or daytrips or holidays, but for all other things we're cloth :)
I think I've struck the balance on convenience, cost and environmental factors.

a week ago i was using cloth in the day and sposies at night but i now have my night nappies so i'm 100% cloth now :happydance:
I love the cloth nappies as there alot prettier that sposies!

We're 100% cloth. About a month ago I used up a couple we had left over from staying at my mum's for a week 6 months ago, but I've bought no more and don't intend to. We've just got back from 5 nights away and took Flips plus some bitti boos and night nappies and it was fine. I did handwash what we'd used each day but we never had to use them. My 20 Flip inserts (with 9 covers) plus 3 bitti boos and 5 night nappies were more than enough and only took up a sports bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->