How having a baby changes you

Newt

tiny amphibious salamanda
Reaction score
Funny this, I was thinking how much I have changed. Then this morning I was nosing on Babycenter and in a survey 74% of women said they laugh more since being a mum.

I never really expected becoming a mum to change me so much, its come as a (good) surprise.

Even though I am shattered, I am a lot happier in myself.
I was never a baby person and never would run to see a new baby on the street, for example, but now I coo over pictures of babies.

watching 'you've been framed' kids special, I was in tears laughing. I rarley laughed at kids on this show before, I would always wait for the animal ones. Yet, I found myself almost peeing myself.

I was worried when I was pregnant, OH told of how couples fight a lot after a baby comes.....it seems he was refering to his experience with his ex (explains a lot) but we dont argue, not big arguements anyway, and I feel closer to him.

sometimes I feel like crying though, when I look at my LO in wonder, of how much love is it possible for a person to feel.

Did anyone else find that having a bubba changed them?

Me & OH definately laugh together more because of Caitlin.

Couple can row more but I think its more bicker just because its tiring but I think that depends on the couples life style like work & out time - for example it can get hard in my house because we both work from home so its a plus and aminus thing but over all the day Caitlin was born I said to Stu how I somehow felt closer to him, loved him more.

Do you find whist looking at baby & you feel so strong with love and emotions that you still think 'wow she/hes mine' sometimes its like *pinch me* hehe

Hope you don't mind Newt I moved this to the baby section for 2 reasons the forum is booming but the general chatter seems quiet/less views most times compared to ttc/tri/baby sections & I like to try & keep this kind of topic from the general chatter mainly because of TTC'ers who choose not to view pregnancy & baby sections because its a bit upsetting. x

Hope you don't mind Newt I moved this to the baby section for 2 reasons the forum is booming but the general chatter seems quiet/less views most times compared to ttc/tri/baby sections & I like to try & keep this kind of topic from the general chatter mainly because of TTC'ers who choose not to view pregnancy & baby sections because its a bit upsetting. x

Ya!, that's cool, and very considerate (should have thought of that myself :blush:)

uh huh! we laugh a lot more too, but yes we do bicker, but usually and up laughing at each other. :bike:

I just end up saying "oh shut up" lol

There has been the obvious amazement with my LO but there's something unexpected that also occured... Since Simon's birth, well actually it happened sometime during the pregnancy, I feel more empowered and like I won't take any crap from people anymore. I remain polite, but won't accept to be shoved at the end of the restaurant or tolerate someone butting into a line right in front of me like they own the world. I'm not interested in people who suck the energy out of me by whining or being rude. I mean, I nurtured this tiny baby in my belly, went through my baby's birth with no meds and feel stronger than ever. :) I feel as though having a baby has made me realize I don't have time to waste with petty things and refuse to worry constantly as I did before. My baby is healthy, our life is a happy one.. What more could we ask for? ;)

There has been the obvious amazement with my LO but there's something unexpected that also occured... Since Simon's birth, well actually it happened sometime during the pregnancy, I feel more empowered and like I won't take any crap from people anymore. I remain polite, but won't accept to be shoved at the end of the restaurant or tolerate someone butting into a line right in front of me like they own the world. I'm not interested in people who suck the energy out of me by whining or being rude. I mean, I nurtured this tiny baby in my belly, went through my baby's birth with no meds and feel stronger than ever. :) I feel as though having a baby has made me realize I don't have time to waste with petty things and refuse to worry constantly as I did before. My baby is healthy, our life is a happy one.. What more could we ask for? ;)

I hear you, I feel the same. I felt very similar after I had a hairy scuba incident where I saved my fathers life. Only this time it's stronger, and I doubt it will ease off. It's a good feeling isn't it? Like some kind of confidence boost!

I dont know.
I have been more hormonal since the birth of my son, and that may be it, but half the time I feel like baby has caused me and OH to be farther apart. He works during the day, as he did before, but it seems while he is off work he is always gone. He goes and washes his truck, or just goes to town and talks to anyone he sees in town. We used to go to town years ago, but haven't been doing that for a year or more now. Now it seems he is always gone. He never asks me to go with him, I guess because he doesn't want to take the baby out, he just wants to be able to run around.
Then he never cuddles with me anymore and gets mad if I dont feel like "pleasing" him when he wants it. It makes me feel lonely. I know I have my LO, though. But I dont have anyone to talk to. We live with his parents, who hate me and personally I dont like them either. He gets upset when I go to my moms, just because he is really jealous. (stupid I know)

In a change of mood, though, I know how you feel when you say you look at your LO and can never imagine how you can love someone that much. I can just stare at him forever. I love watching the little faces he makes when he is sleeping and right before he starts crying. And I love cuddling up next to him in the bed and falling asleep. <3 <3 <3

I am going against the grain to an extent-

Since having my daughter(s) I am more irrational and much more stressy. I dont relax at all and I'm always on edge :blush:

I think I sound like I have a problem :rofl:

I do laugh dont get me wrong but as a couple dale and i are mostly at logger heads - maybe just a long lasting phase!:dohh:

But I love my children more than life itself and worship the ground they walk on or in Lucys case sit on!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm sorry you girls are feeling stressed, maybe it has more to do with the amount of support dad gives.

I know hormones can be a big bummer marchbaby, but to be honest I don't think that hormones are your problem. forgive me if i overstep the mark here but you don't sound happy at all in your situation (i read your post re. smoking) I think the last person you need to be blaming for your feelings is yourself :hugs:

KX I am sure you don't have a problem hun :lol:

:hugs:
Thanks, Newt. I guess it's just that there's so much and I get so stressed over everything. With no one here who I can talk to it just gets overwhelming.

:hugs:
Thanks, Newt. I guess it's just that there's so much and I get so stressed over everything. With no one here who I can talk to it just gets overwhelming.

just remember we are all here for you hun:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->