How is everyones SO/DH/OH handling ttc?

jzgrace

Reaction score
This is our first cycle TTC. We will be getting married in July. So if I don't get my bfp, we will wait til after the wedding. He is kinda freaked out by the whole thing! "TRYING to make a baby is scary" he said. But I believe its the idea of succeeding that frightens him. He's never had biological children. But he did raise a child for three years with an ex who told him she was pregnant with his baby. Turned out the doctor told him that it was not possible that it was his child.(timing) He stayed with her and raised the baby with her from new born til 3 years of age. When the biological father came back from war, she left and went with him. My fiance was devestated, he has a big heart and I know he will be a wonderful daddy. I cant wait to watch him fall in love with his child. Anyone want to share too?

Oh my goodness sounds like your OH has been through a tough time, but what a good man raising someone else's child. My OH has no biological children, my daughter is someone else's and having children means the world to my oh, it's all he's ever wanted...but he has a low sperm count but we got pregnant on our second cycle but sadly lost that baby, so I have every faith we will get pregnant again.

My OH treats my daughter like his own and all he ever talks about is how much he wants a baby and how he can't wait to be a proper family with a new addition, he's super excited xx

Mine is much calmer than me about the whole thing but does get excited when we talk about having a little one.
Don't think he's quite as desperate or impatient as me though!!!

I think the reality of it hasn't really hit him yet. Maybe it won't until I hand him a newborn. :lol:

dh is handling it better than me! Lol but he's terrified that DD will get less attention. Its frustrating thoughbsometimes! When im freaking out and giving him all these 'symptoms' im having and he goes 'its ok, nothing to worry about! Itll happen when it happens'. Lol poor dh :haha:

Your OH sounds like a good man too. It really does take a MAN to raise a child. I have faith that you will get your bfp too. I have prayed for you and your family. It is hard to know the losses and live the losses without faith growing stronger with every step. You/we will get our sticky beans! I'm sure of it!

Same for me, I want this so much. I think he is getting more excited about the thought of it. After we talked about it yesterday he went in the dinning room picked up his guitar and starting singing the song "that's my daughter in the water". It was pretty cool. Fx for you hun!

I don't really say much about it too him as far as cm/cp/dpo. I use bnb to get all that out cause I don't want to freak him out more. If he was as calm as your OH I probably would. Its great that ur OH is keeping His cool cause when you need to feel calm and collect you can sponge it from him. Good luck and fx for you hun!

Awwww! That is a wonderful thing. To see him hold the baby for the first time and watch as his heart melts for your creation! Beautiful! I'm thinking the same thing of mine. I can't wait for that day! Good luck, god bless and fx for you!

I also use b&b for all the technical stuff i try explain to my OH but he totally does not understand :haha:

Lol it would be like him trying to teach you how to rebuild a transmission on a ford f150! My oh just saw me typing a list of the abbreviations for someone and he's like "what are you the president of that or something?" It looked complicated to him but to us its like saying lol or omg....too funny

Lol it would be like him trying to teach you how to rebuild a transmission on a ford f150! My oh just saw me typing a list of the abbreviations for someone and he's like "what are you the president of that or something?" It looked complicated to him but to us its like saying lol or omg....too funny

:haha: I'm so with you on this one, my OH does not understand what I do on b&b...he's clueless :dohh:

Wow thats tough... My husband is really nervous to the idea of him being a dad. I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I never saw myself without kids... For him it was different. He's recently decided to say "okay, lets try". He had a less than okay father, so he's scared to follow in his footsteps. Plus he tells me I'm losing my mind. (I bawled like a baby the other night because my best friend announced she was pregnant. Especially since she got pregnant on her first month trying, and didn't even want to be pregnant until I said I was trying.) I'm trying not to overwhelm him.... but I am waiting very impatiently. :winkwink:

This is our first cycle TTC. We will be getting married in July. So if I don't get my bfp, we will wait til after the wedding. He is kinda freaked out by the whole thing! "TRYING to make a baby is scary" he said. But I believe its the idea of succeeding that frightens him. He's never had biological children. But he did raise a child for three years with an ex who told him she was pregnant with his baby. Turned out the doctor told him that it was not possible that it was his child.(timing) He stayed with her and raised the baby with her from new born til 3 years of age. When the biological father came back from war, she left and went with him. My fiance was devestated, he has a big heart and I know he will be a wonderful daddy. I cant wait to watch him fall in love with his child. Anyone want to share too?

OMG second it seems like dh is all ok an good with the whole ttc again and then the next he seems terrified. He won't talk about it and then that causes me to get my feelings hurt. I know he wants another baby by his actions when he sees a baby, I just think he is terrified of another mc.

My DH is great. He is really organised about it all :lol:. He's been cutting down on coffee, reminding me to take my vits, telling me off when I want an alcoholic drink and then pouncing on me when i'm half asleep 'because we have to do it every other day' :haha:.

DH is really cool about everything this time around. We both joke about the whole process because when TTC#1 we had 3 miscarriages...we decided we would really relax and enjoy things. Plus having a 4 year old keeps things in perspective...we know that once we have 2 kids we will have even less time to spend with each other...

OMG second it seems like dh is all ok an good with the whole ttc again and then the next he seems terrified. He won't talk about it and then that causes me to get my feelings hurt. I know he wants another baby by his actions when he sees a baby, I just think he is terrified of another mc.

My dh just said yesterday, "if it happens GOOD, but if it doesn't then I guess that's ok too" I think its the actual TTC that makes him feel the pressure's on. And he doesn't like the feeling of not succeeding. Then I said to him"don't you WANT a baby?" And then he said "yes it would be cool" so I saw right through him. He doesn't want to get his hopes up.

Wow thats tough... My husband is really nervous to the idea of him being a dad. I always knew I wanted to be a mom. I never saw myself without kids... For him it was different. He's recently decided to say "okay, lets try". He had a less than okay father, so he's scared to follow in his footsteps. Plus he tells me I'm losing my mind. (I bawled like a baby the other night because my best friend announced she was pregnant. Especially since she got pregnant on her first month trying, and didn't even want to be pregnant until I said I was trying.) I'm trying not to overwhelm him.... but I am waiting very impatiently. :winkwink:

Awe, I think when he holds that baby and falls in love with him/her he will go to great lengths to be everything in a daddy that his wasn't! Keeping Fx for you!

DH is really cool about everything this time around. We both joke about the whole process because when TTC#1 we had 3 miscarriages...we decided we would really relax and enjoy things. Plus having a 4 year old keeps things in perspective...we know that once we have 2 kids we will have even less time to spend with each other...

I'm sorry about your losses. It is a good thing that you can find ways to keep the pressure off! Praying for your sticky bean hun!!:flower:

My DH is great. He is really organised about it all :lol:. He's been cutting down on coffee, reminding me to take my vits, telling me off when I want an alcoholic drink and then pouncing on me when i'm half asleep 'because we have to do it every other day' :haha:.

LOL!! That's GREAT! "Pouncing on me when I'm half asleep" awesome!! Fx for you!!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->