How is is humanly possible to have this much plug?! TMI

DJMooMoo79

Reaction score
Google says your mucus plug is the equivalent of two tablespoons (yes I googled it) and unless my body just keeps remaking is every day, THAT IS A LIE!

39 Weeks tomorrow (baby number 3) and have done EVERYTHING to start labor (thumbs up from midwife). My hips have completely debilitated me and have made me unable to keep up with my daily duties of a stay-at-home mom. In my process to get things going, I have lost a substantial amount of my plug everyday since the end of my 37 week. Every morning, never fails, i spend about ten minutes in the morning just wiping away what can only be described as the Great Flood of Mucus of 2019. It will go down as a legend in historical books, that I am sure of.

In total, I have probably produced/cleaned up about 3 CUPS of mucus total! Why is there so much mucus if I am not going to go into labor!? Its almost like my body is taunting me, "Hey... you know how hard this pregnancy is? How about we do it forever! Here's a reminder that losing your plug means absolutely nothing to me! MUAHAHAHA!"

No real question here... just angry rant. Tired of "maybe this is it!" only for, "nope... this is just my life now." Hope the other ladies here are doing better then me mentally.

That sounds a bit uncomfortable, in a gross kind of way. I lost bits everyday for weeks, it does regenerate I learned.

I hope your LO decides to make an appearance soon. Those last couple of weeks in the end are maddening.

Hahaha the great flood of mucas. Lol that wud make a good movie title.

On a serious note. I had the same thing happen for me with my 3rd. Had it from around 37 maybe 38 weeks. It never had any blood in like u get when I have the bloody show but was very thick and was so so soooo much. At one point with it there was so much I was soaked and I thought my waters were breaking.
I ended up going into labour naturally at 39+6.
Really hope ure labour starts soon. I went 14 days over with DS and that was horrendous. Did everything to get things going but nothing worked.
Lazy sod lol.
Good luck sweety. Really hope things start happening soon.
Feeling ya with the hip pain i have SPD and its horrible. I'm also one of those that like to keep my house clean and do lots of things but very restricted now.
Good luck sweety.

I’m with Suggar I started loosing mine about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks before DS was born . Started after the first sweep I had . In the end he was 6 days over and I had 3 sweeps ! Thankfully he came on his own without the need for any intervention!

Mine never had any blood in it either until I started getting those first few contractions ! Must have completely lost my plug when my waters broke.

I had SPD too , mines fully resolved now so hopefully yours will too ! The last few weeks really do take there toll !

Good luck

Mine seemed never ending with my first! I hope LO arrives soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->