How is it going from two to three?

ParisJeTadore

Mum to my beautiful kids!
Reaction score
Since a pp asked what it's like going from one to two...I have to ask, how is it going from two to three? I don't know why (maybe because it's true?!) but I've read so many discouraging articles stating that having three children turns everything on its head. I was at a wedding last summer and I recall a guest saying that three was the absolute hardest despite having five children.

What has been your experience going from 2-3? I expect the first six months will be hard but that's mostly bc it always is more work having a newborn regardless of how many kids you have.

I can't give my opinion yet as im still on two, third is still cooking, but I've heard the horror stories about 3 being the dreaded number of children. I just don't understand why? Thank goodness my friends have reassured me that once you have two anymore children just slot in nicely and that 1-2 is the hardest jump. We shall see, my two youngest will I only be 14-15 months apart so I'm guessing it's gonna be a but if a struggle to start with.

Its the bomb! Honestly it has been much less of a transition than 1-2 (which I found the hardest), it really hasn't felt like much of a change or extra work, she's just slotted in. Most people I know who have 3 children (I seem to know a lot!) say the same, that the transition to 3 was easiest.

I'm clearly still on #2 but you've been so sweet and helpful so I wish you the best transition ever, and from everyone I talked to, going from 2 to 3 was their easiest transition, they said at this point they could keep having kids and it wouldn't matter anymore! You get the two older ones entertaining each other and playing. I'm sure you'll be great!

Easy, honestly, the only "hard" one is your first, be confident in yourself you are an expert already xx

Wow, you ladies just made me feel a million times better! Thank you. It's good to hear some positive outcomes as opposed to all the doom and gloom I've been reading. Really hope my experience will be similar to you!

I've found it very very hard but it's not all because it's number 3. Just a combination of circumstances has made it hard- my hubby took a promotion and works longer hours, my ds2 who has alwAys been laid back has hit the terrible twos and my baby is not very laid back. I hope you have an easy time. They all adore each other though which is so lovely.

I've found it very very hard but it's not all because it's number 3. Just a combination of circumstances has made it hard- my hubby took a promotion and works longer hours, my ds2 who has alwAys been laid back has hit the terrible twos and my baby is not very laid back. I hope you have an easy time. They all adore each other though which is so lovely.

Thank you for your honesty. I hope things get better for you! I see your point though. My first son has been, overall, pretty easy and still is while my second just hit 19 months and has suddenly become VERY challenging. Lots of meltdowns, screaming fits, stuff I have never dealt with before :wacko: Let's hope baby#3 is easy going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->