How is morning sickness considered an amusing punishment to people?

Rei

Reaction score
I'm sorry I have to rant...but every time I say I can't do somethingredients because I feel too I'll every one just laughs and tells me this is what I asked for.
No...I didn't. I asked for a healthy baby. Yes I figured I might experience nausea, but not like this. None of my friends with children ever had morning sickness so they think it's amusing I guess. They treat it like it's something I deserve because I wanted a child. No one deserves to feel like this!

People are jerks. You have every right to complain about it. Just because we want to have babies doesn't mean that we have to enjoy every ache and pain that comes along with it. I hope your morning sickness passes quickly!!

That and when you can't get out and about cause you feel rotten no bugger comes to you so you spend all first trimester alone with hardly anyone to talk to. I'm so glad I've had hubby home over Christmas but he's back to work soon and little one back to school so the loneliness will be back.

Some people are just like that - just try to ignore them.

I have been lucky and not experienced morning sickness, but I've felt so exhausted lately - I thought I was improving but now I find myself awake in the middle of the night instead, so I'm still tired but for different reasons (before I could sleep for 11 hours and still wake up tired - now I'm sleeping less which is the problem!).

My MIL took great delight in telling me how lazy I was the other morning and how my husband couldn't even put his top on because our toddler was demanding so much attention and I was still sat in bed. Not true - he just decided to give her the attention rather than worrying about spending ten second putting on a t-shirt, but she likes any excuse to have a dig at me. I think some people just thrive on making others feel bad about themselves.

Urgh! What is people's problem. I'm lucky with sickness but I had a few days of feeling rotten & I wouldnt wish it on anyone. Esp if you already have lo's to take care of. & I would consider what I had as mild ms. I know we all wanted to be pregnant & it's not a medical condition but when you are pregnant I think you should be spoilt a bit & treated like your a bit special. Your carrying such a precious cargo. & why is it mostly women who act like this?? Eeer sisterhood anyone? & it's not just sickness people do this with. Lack of support & sympathy really irritates me.
I hope you get better & surround yourself with people who want to make sure you & bubs are feeling great at all times. X

Thanks yall. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I get called lazy a lot too because I'm also exhausted a lot. I can't imagine having children already with this. One of my friends asked me to babysit and I just couldnt. She understood though as she too experienced a horrible first trimester XD the only one actually.

Yeah totally get this. I don't think people understand how truly awfull feeling and being sick 24/7 is. I wouldn't wish it on anybody. I actually lost friends when I was pregnant with my first 6 years ago as I was so I'll I was house bound for months.my friends visited me once at the start then kept texting me to come out for dinner etc. They just didn't get how I'll I was. I haven't spoken to them since....

I'm sorry that happened to you. I've been pretty fortunate that my one best friend is always making sure that I"m doing good, but everyone else either doesn't care or laughs at my misfortune -_-

I'm worse in the morning and I have to eat before I feel better but me and the fridge are not friends, I've been drinking lemon water constantly as I find it helps. My 3 year old and 1 year old are running around and jumping on the sofa but I really don't care today.

I'm lucky only my husband and close friend know and they're pretty supportive. My husband is too busy fretting about having another baby to be funny with me. My mother will be the worst, I'm a mature student and all she does when I'm pregnant is tell me I can't cope, that I need to sleep and I can't do anything and that my husband is useless. Shes so annoying I don't want to tell her right now. I'm pregnant not injured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->