How is the name Alice Blue?

EffieM

Reaction score
My husband and I are trying to find a good name for our future daughter. He wants to name her Alice. I think it's too old-fashioned. I honestly haven't heard of anyone named as such nowadays. But he digresses.

What do you guys think? Is Alice a good name for a child? And if he wins this, what do you think would be a good middle name for Alice? I think Alice Blue could be a good twist for the name.

Our older kids are, Imogen Hazel and Spencer Avery.

Give me some middle name suggestions to go with Alice. Open minded, but we don't like trendy names or anything super common.

Naming our 3rd child (3rd little girl)
Stephen and I always have problems naming our girls. Normally though at this point we have decided on a name. It really helps me bond with the baby while I'm pregnant and the not knowing her name is driving me nuts.

Alice is timeless if you ask me. I work with kids and know some little Alices
I'm not a fan of Blue, it makes me think of being in a bad mood and makes the name sound a bit like a cocktail

I adored Alice its one of the names which I would love to have on my list, but the husband prefers biblical names. I agree its a classic name Alice in wonderland is also one of my fav books. I think it works really well with blue never considered blue as a name but think it works really well. We use red and violet as a names so using a colour is not crazy out there but is still different

Alice is cute, makes me think of Alice in wonderland

Blue sounds like a pets names to me (sorry) I new a dog called Blue and we where considering getting a cat called Blue (a blue bermese cat)

Hazel and Avery are great middle names though so im sure you will find something lovely

Alice is cute, but I hate Blue sorry. My cousin also had a dog named Blue.

Alice is classic and timeless, cute but ages well in my opinion. But I'm not a fan of Blue either, sorry. It sounds very trendy to me (which you say you want to avoid) and a bit like a wannabe-celebrity name.

I adore Alice, its my nieces name so i wont be able to use it.

I must say I find it amusing how you say you don't like trendy names and yet suggested Blue??

I think Alice Rose, Alice Elizabeth or Alice Esther...

have nice flow :)

I love Alice, don't like blue sorry!!
How about -
Alice Evie
Alice Marie
Alice Sophia
Alice ivy
X

If you don't like Alice, maybe your husband can compromise with Alison?? Just a thought :) I don't think I like Blue as a middle name (though it is my favorite colour!) what about Alice Skye?

Blue as a middle name is awful, sorry!

Alice Emily
Alice Grace
Alice Jane
Alice Lucy

I am confused though - you say this is your 3rd girl but you have given one son and one daughters name!

One of our daughters is Spencer (5 yr old), and the other is Imogen (2 yr old). Both are girls.

We have decided to name our baby girl Alice Skye. Thank you all for your answers and advice. So her full name will be Alice Skye Murray.

Awe, I can't believe I wrote a name that you decided on :cloud9: my normally sized ego has just inflated a bit :blush:

We have decided to name our baby girl Alice Skye. Thank you all for your answers and advice. So her full name will be Alice Skye Murray.

Oh ok sorry I though Spencer Avery was a boy espeecially as you don't like trendy names!

Alice Skye is lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->