how late is too late?

Hannah's Mom

Mommy of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Lily is coming up to 5 months, is this too late to start using cloth nappies? I so regret not using them from the start, she's been getting quite bad nappy rash, which i am convinced was caused by pampers nappies as as soon as we switched back to huggies started to go, if it's not too late what would you recommend i buy to get us started?

Thanks!!!

x x x x

Its not too late at all, we didn't put Lo into cloth nappies till he was about 3mths as we couldn't afford to do it. Id recommended buying a few different preloved ones to try cause depending on your Lo's size and whether they are slim or chunky some nappies may not suit them iykwim.
Lots of people love itti's but cause i have a chunky baby, they don't suit him, I love wnss and bambooty's.

We started in March! Izzie was 7months old and the best decision we've ever made!

Its never to late hun xx

I started around 4/5 months - never too late - the price of preloved nappies maintains itself too so even if don't use them for long you'll pretty much get back what you paid for them when you sell them on again.

Don't forget your reuseable wipes too - there are loads out there and you can make you own too by cutting up fleece into the size you want.

That's fab!!!! Lily has got gorgeous big fat chunky legs (just like mommy) so think thats a good idea to try some first before i go too mad, I've just been looking at some on the internet and can see this becoming a serious addiction lol, how many do you think i should buy to start with? x x x

I started out with 1 fitted, 2 wraps and a load of prefolds - but I'm not one of the obsessed girlies who spend a fortune. I've now got half a dozen fitted (ebay cheapies) 2 huggle night nappies, one bg and a load of prefolds with 3 wraps. I've more than I need as when I wash I've still got half the stash left.

Its really up to you how many you want - how often you wash/change etc. I wash every 2/3 days - eg when my buckets full.

I have 22 at the moment after selling some off but I have another 9 on the way. I would say about 15-18 though would be enough to wash every other day. It depends on what you are thinking of using, we use pockets and AI2's but if your using fitteds you don't need as many wraps as nappies as you can reuse them.

im so confussed with it all!!!! cant decide what to go for - like all in ones, pockets, fitted and wraps, think i might get one of each see what we like best, i mean i like the idea of the all in ones as it seems there wouldn't be as much messing about and too be honest i'm a bit confussed with all this liner, insert, thick, thin, bamboo, fleece business lol im sure we'll get there! x x x x

we were all confused at the start, youl get there!

I think it's never to late I've been using cloth for the past 5 weeks and Shannon is 18 months it's the best desicion i ever made I wish I'd used them from the word go x x

Definatly not too late, Harrison didn't go until cloth until he was 18 months old x

I started last month with kyla being 11 months old.

Be warned, it's addictive! I've bought 38 nappies & 10 pairs of babylegs in less than a month!

I just started :lol: but I got another on way too! I dont think its too late x

Its never too late :flower:

Welll maybe if your LO had potty trained already but unless thats the case id say anytime is fair game :lol:. but id warn you too - its very addictive! :haha:

I don't think it's ever too late, especially if you plan to have more babies later on - you can reuse for additional kidlets! :thumbup:
(Ella started at 13 mths.)

Uh oh didnt realise quite how addictive this could be! Have so far ordered 5 bumgenius v3's, a blueberry minky well cute spotty one, and a couple of cheapy ones off ebay, does anyone know where you can get them in any shops i dont think i can wait for the postman lol x x x

Boots and Mothercare do some but not sure what brand x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->