How Likely Is it I am Pregnant??

Skywalker

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Posted a few other threads but mainly I'm curious how likely it is I could be pregnant? Personally I don't think it sounds likely at all BUT I'm having symptoms that I had with my last pregnancy (my son's one now)

Symptoms I'm having now that I had with DS:

1. Afternoon exhaustion, then needing to go to bed at about 8pm or earlier.
2. Cramping that comes and goes and feels like AF is going to start but never does.
3. Mindless eating lol. That's the only way I can describe it. When I was very first pregnant with DS, before I even knew or suspected pregnancy, I found myself in front of the open fridge chowing down on capers and olives straight out of the jar for like five minutes and then was like, "Holy crap, what am I doing!?" The other night I had finished off an entire bag of cheese puffs standing front of the open fridge door and only realized it when I got to the bottom of the bag. I don't do this normally. Also sometimes starving and sometimes don't want anything at all, also happened early on in my pregnancy.
4. Out of the blue constipation.
5. Tons of heart palpitations.

I have been having light cramping/ovulating symptoms for the past few months as my son's getting older and older and I have been breastfeeding less and less. Then I had sex for the first time since DS was born on May 9th and have been feeling all of the above more and more since that time. I wouldn't think I was pregnant except for the incredible similarities between what I'm feeling now and what I felt in my DS pregnancy.

Thing is, statistically, according to Google, it's like practically impossible to get pregnant while breastfeeding if you haven't gotten your first postpartum period yet, and I haven't gotten my first postpartum period yet. It's like a 3% chance or something. I had a LOT of sex (new relationship :happydance: ) on May 9th and since May 9th and we have been using pull out, but not sure he's successfully pulled out in time every time.

What do you girls think?

PS - I'm not even sure when to test?? No earthly idea where I was in my cycle when we began making love...

If you're getting all those symptoms then a test should work. May 9th is 12 days ago so again it should work. The only way to know for sure is to test.

Mmm, well my sister became pregnant with her 2nd while BF and no periods. She also had various medical conditions which impacted a lot on her fertility (she thought she wouldn't be able to have ANY children). So it does happen. That being said, I think you may be overly sensitive to symptoms given it's the first time(s) you have DTD. If I was you, I would do a test just to put your mind at ease. :thumbup:

I had almost all those symptoms plus insane heartburn the week before my BFP and they are still ongoing. I just didn't realize I had a bunch of them till after I tested and looked back.

Thank you ladies! All helpful replies :) Definitely going to go out and get a pack of multiple tests and testing tomorrow. If BFN and continued symptoms, I'll test again in a week or two. Guess we'll figure it out either way soon but not soon enough for my curiosity!! Sometimes I think I'm being a little silly thinking I'm pregnant and other times I feel just like I did, more or less, with my first baby. I'll post here what the result is when I test. :thumbup:

I know plenty of people who have gotten pregnant when they were breastfeeding. That being said, if you ovulated on the 9th, you would have only been 11DPO at the time of your post. That is super early to feel strong pregnancy symptoms. Especially considering you were feeling these symptoms before your post at 11DPO.

Implantation occurs 6-12 days after ovulation, so there would be very little hormones in your system if in fact implantation did occur on 6-8 DPO. If you are having symptoms then a pregnancy test would for sure be positive though. FRER will be positive with a level of only 6.4 HCG. I would start taking ovulation predictor kits if I were you. That way you will know when you are going to ovulate.

Omg we are so alike. My boobie boy is 19 months and due to breastfeeding have had no af yet. Usually use condoms but on May 8th used pull out (pretty sure there was pre cum) since then I had loads of cm for over a week, convinced myself I was preg but got bfn.....stared and stared but it's def bfn. Been driving myself crazy googling the chances and the reason for the cm but I guess I'm just starting to ovulate again or something, it's freaking exhausting trying to second guess what's going on while having no periods. I'm having half a glass of rose to treat myself after the stressful week Iv had �� kinda wanted to be preg-hubs wants a bigger gap though as this will be number 3. Do u want to be preg? Xx sorry for rambling

Also were u using contraception before may 9th??? Was May 9th your only real chance of concieving? X

Omg we are so alike. My boobie boy is 19 months and due to breastfeeding have had no af yet. Usually use condoms but on May 8th used pull out (pretty sure there was pre cum) since then I had loads of cm for over a week, convinced myself I was preg but got bfn.....stared and stared but it's def bfn. Been driving myself crazy googling the chances and the reason for the cm but I guess I'm just starting to ovulate again or something, it's freaking exhausting trying to second guess what's going on while having no periods. I'm having half a glass of rose to treat myself after the stressful week Iv had �� kinda wanted to be preg-hubs wants a bigger gap though as this will be number 3. Do u want to be preg? Xx sorry for rambling

Lol I know the feeling! It feels like being blind when going through this with no period to kind of act as a marker. I agree with posts above about DPO, although with my first two pregnancies, I started feeling some symptoms right away with conception and those were mainly cramping, like right, right away. Practically the next day. So that one still has me scratching my head and wondering. None of the symptoms have stopped despite the fact that I tested a few days ago and got a BFN. I bought a 3 pack and plan on testing again in a week or two if still no period and still having symptoms, but god knows, it could be period trying to come back, it could be phantom pregnancy, it could be actual pregnancy, lol... it's crazy. No idea what's going on. Body is just going nuts. And I'm hungry all the time. Which could also just be because of extra calories needed while breastfeeding + hormonal change. I'm sort of laughing at myself for thinking I could be pregnant, but at the same time, I think even the most skeptical woman might think she was, as well, at least on some level, with all this going on. :haha: But I'm trying not to take it too seriously. We're not trying to get pregnant right now anyway. Wouldn't be a problem if we were, wouldn't be a problem if we weren't. It'll happen at some stage. Of course my body's biological clock is like NOOO BUT WE NEED TO BE PREGNANT RIGHT NOOOOOOOWWWW! Lol. But my boyfriend and I don't particularly need it to be one way or the other right now <3 Just goin with the flow. Except the flow's not going ;) Hehehe. Maybe soon. Maybe I have to stop breastfeeding 100% for AF to come on? Anyone experienced that? Or is it just when you reduce it quite a bit that it can come back on?

Well with my first it was once I stopped I guess it's different for everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->