how likely is it things do go wrong?

Gingerspice

Reaction score
We've slowly been telling people about the pregnancy. I have the '12' week scan booked in for 2 weeks time (more 13 weeks for me)

I had a scan at 8 weeks which matched dates perfectly (despite late ovulation) and good heartbeat seen etc.

I've had bad 'morning' sickness so on prescribed cyclizine which has made a reasonable difference. Thing is now i don't feel as bad, so now I don't really feel pregnant.

Yes my belly has grown but it's by no means a baby bump yet.

So now I'm paranoid something has happened. So really, how likely is it that something has happened? I know stats don't mean much, especially for those that discover they're the 'impossible' state but I'm just looking for some reassurances really.

I can't wait to feel baby move to put my mind at ease that things are ok

Please don't worry, you really have no reason to :hugs:

At 10 weeks the placenta starts to take over so pregnancy symptoms start to decline, sometimes stop.

You are fortunate you're not an early shower, for me I already look about 4 months gone (always been an early shower) and its impossible to keep from people and with my history that's kinda unhelpful :haha:

I think it's about 2% at 8 weeks once you've seen the heartbeat (I'm sure there was a day by day chart on here a while back)

Having a bump and pregnancy symptoms is no guarantee anyway so don't focus on them, with my mmc I was still nauseous and had a little bump even after I knew I'd lost him. This time I'm feeling pretty much the same but the odds are in my favour so I try not to dwell on the 'what ifs', it's hard but just try and relax and enjoy every minute of your pregnancy - especially if your nausea has gone!

Statistics to me mean nothing anymore so I just try to stay positive, try not to worry because it does no good at all, pregnancy symptoms come and go but even if something does go wrong in a pregnancy, symptoms can still be there ( they we're for me) enjoy the moment I'm sure everything will be just perfect.

It's just one of those things, no one can tell you if it's going to go wrong so try and keep positive xx

The risks after heartbeat at 8wks are almost as low as at 12wks.

You're fine. The placenta has taken over :)

Well I have scan on Friday but I really am expecting them to say something has gone wrong. I just don't 'feel' pregnant. The bloat has gone. Still being sick but that doesn't help with maybe getting that feeling or a bump etc.

I think I'm just being non-attached to the idea yet to safeguard myself. I really struggled with bonding to dd so I'm wondering if I'm doing the same to this one to 'protect' myself.

6 days to go

I kept saying I knew something had gone wrong because I didn't feel pregnant any more, but I just had my 13 week scan and baby is fine :flower:

guessing your between 10-11w?

I seen baby with HB at 6+5. Then got HG and was put on cyclizine at 8w. (still on it now)
My next scan wasnt until 12+2 of course i felt the same only i wondered how my lil bean would get through all these tough weeks of sickness.

Week 10-11 brought some relief but i got very sick at end of week 12.
I was better for 13-14w then since week 15 ive been very sick.
I only get bloated every other day, apart from sickness and increased peeing i wouldnt think i was preg if i didnt know.

I still worry somethinh gone wrong, i think its just natural thing.

I think it's perfectly natural to worry. Every professional I've seem says that mothering instinct kicks in very very early. I've worried myself stupid at times. I have good days and bad days. Or should I say good hours and bad hours!! It changes that quickly.

If anything you're worried BECAUSE you're bonded already, not the other way around. If you didn't worry, you might not care :) and you do care.

Can you get a private scan this week rather than waiting? Might save 2 weeks of stress.

With my daughter i didn't even look like i had a baby inside me until about 21 weeks and to other people not until 27+. I didn't even feel sick with her until about 8 weeks. Most people feel a let up in MS at around 12 weeks. I didn't but thats because every baby is different. I would say try not to worry but once you're pregnant you do nothing but, don't think I've stopped worrying since i got pregnant with my daughter in 2009! :hugs:

Thanks all. I'm 11+5 now.

I had the 8 week scan and all was fine.

I'm on the cyclizine which removed the non stop motion sickness feeling and most of the time I feel ok. Still sick most evenings but it's much more manageable than it was. I just wish there was a window to be able to keep checling on them. Only 6 days until the nhs scan so not long to wait now

I mean I not going to tell you that something "can't" happen, but I can tell you that the chances of something happening is really really low. I believe after the hb is found its reduced to about 2%? Something like that I am sure.

Hey Hun, I'm sorry you're feeling so worried.
All I can say is this, I was a total mess, I still am LOL! You'll always be worried.
At about 9 weeks my nausea lessened a great deal, I had a scan at 10 weeks, the baby measured 9+1. My symptoms continued to decrease, physically, I was feeling great, emotionally? I was so worried. My tummy is as flat a s a pancake. Like nothing is there.
Yesterday I had my NT scan at 12 weeks and was terrified. It didn't matter that I had seen the baby numerous times, HB and all, that I know in my mind that symptoms DO start to decrease at about 10ish weeks. That first pregnancies don't start to pop at later times. I was preparing myself for the worst.
Baby is fine, spot on 12 weeks (well, 11+6, but pretty accurate!) swimming around, saying hi, all at once I was shocked at how little faith I had in my body and how on earth could I think something was wrong.
The scan was yesterday, of course I'm still worried today, but we'll always find something to worry about.
Your baby is probably fine, swimming around too, having a good time, just laying there and letting his little body do his thing. It's so hard, one of the hardest things to do, but have faith <3
Keep us updated, and share the US picture when you get it ((hugs))

I think the statistics once you hit 9 weeks is 2% but then of course it still does happen so you never know.
I'm sorry you're so worried, I was too as I had hardly any symptoms and they all disappeared at week 9 or 10 I think? I was terrified but my LO was flipping upside down at my 12wk scan.
Stay positive hun, that's all you can do:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->