how likely it that i'm pregnant?

lilmamadugan

Reaction score
a little long, but thank you for taking the time to read and reply!
alright ladies, here's a little background on me:
healthy baby girl 9/2004
unexplained micarriage 8/2010
healthy baby girl 7/2011
*surprise* healthy baby boy 8/2012

now, due to IGT (insufficient glandular tissue) i am unable to ebf. i WAS breastfeeding on demand and then supplementing to ensure my LO was happy/satiated.
2 weeks ago, he started refusing to be near me. if his head so much as brushes my breast, he loses his mind. i worked and am *still* working with 3 different LC's. all of them are stumped and have one question: are you pregnant?
he will actually cringe at my breast, snarl, growl, and spit it back out. keep in mind, i dont do dairy. i have made NO changes to my diet. i eat extremely bland food and i have not changed soaps nor detergents, nor lotion. i cant even use my SNS with him!
my first PP period came on sept 14th and didnt end until september 30th (i KNOW. ugh) since i was so sore and frankly, not in the mood, we didnt *do* anything until mid october. TMI WARNING:
we messed around a lot but then used a condom..before the umm.. the fireworks display. there was penetration before the condom however.
problem is, i havent had a period yet...and with my baby refusing my breast milk (coupled by the fact that i feel completely empty ALL the time now)...i'm slightly scared that i could in fact be pregnant.
i took a test around the beginning of november but it was negative. i'm not going to test again until thursday (we go to town for shopping/needs on that day) so i can buy a test..and i guess i'd wait until friday morning's first pee to test.
what do you ladies think??
is this some funky PP thing i'm going through?? in the past, i was pretty par for the course when it came to my periods.
has anyone else gone through a similar experience? i'm slightly freaking out here :cry:

From what I have heard...its unlikely to get pregnant while breast feeding...something about your body will stop ovulation because you are producing milk. Thats not to say that it never has happened but its usually unlikely.

My son did the same thing though...I was able to breast feed for like 2 weeks and then he would absolutely not breast feed for me, I would put it in, he would keep moving his head to get it out. I turned to pumping and then to just formula all together and he did fine.

Spanish people due tend to think that babies will start to reject pregnant people if the gender of the baby is the same of the baby in the belly...so if you are preggo, expect a boy ;)

well, from what i've read the body will protect itself from getting pregnant while breast feeding "exclusively", unfortunately, i cannot do that, so it makes me unsure of how much natural protection i had going on.
i'm very nervous at the prospect of being pregnant again this soon, but if i am, it will be a blessing. i really cant figure out why else i wouldnt have had my period by now!

Af can change for a number of reasons, if you are not trying to get preg I would be extra careful because you are very fertile after you have a baby. I had my daughter and got preg with my son 5 months later

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->