How long after a section til you try again?

So sorry for your loss :hugs: I know how you feel about wanting to try again. I lost my baby boy last Sunday, he was delivered by c-section at 28 weeks :cry:. I asked the doctor how long we would have to be careful, he said that physically I should be fine in about 6 weeks. He said the risk of rupture is only during labor and that my future babies would have to be c-sections, but if we felt emotionally ready we could start trying again in about 6 six weeks. I don't want to wait a year, nothing can replace the baby we lost, but we want to move forward.
:hug:

I thought id let you know this and not to scare you what so ever .

First im so sorry for your loss hun , your a very brave women to deal with all that has happ..

I have a friend who got pg after 8 months of having a c-section all was good until she reached 20 weeks and her uterus re-opened , she was hospitalized and almost didnt survive ..Her dr said you need to wait 1-2 years for everything to heal and scar correctly .. I know i wnat one soon but i know i need to wait a while ,, you can always ask your dr to check you ab muscels to see

I am so very sorry for your loss.... my heart breaks for you.

I also had a emergency c-section at 37 weeks due to a full placental abruption. My son, Kaleb lived for hours before we had to let him go. My doctor said 9 months from c-section to c-section. So for me I shouldn't get pregnant again for 10 months from the c-section date as I will have to have a scheduled section at 36 weeks my next pregnancy. I know it is around 9 months for the physical side of things but I would also like to ad that you need to make sure you are emotionally ready to be pregnant again. There are so many feelings and thoughts that you have from loosing a child and you need to make sure those are healing as well.

Sorry for your loss once again and god bless... <3

Hun i know this isnt the same but i gave birth to my daughter Lauren at 21+3 and they said to give my body 6 months to recover but 6 weeks after i found out i was pregnant again and when i saw my consultant she said 6 months is only the recommened time and that i should be fine with this pregnancy and i should have no problems giving birth.

As i said in my PM i am really sorry for your loss and if you ever want to talk im here :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->