How long after a section til you try again?

oxSarahxo

Angel Jessie,1M/C, Preg!
Reaction score
Well, ever so preditable that I'd be posting here, but anyway...So.. questions...

I know you can get through loosing a baby. I don't want to forget her, just the pain to ease one day, I know it'll take time.

Don't take this the wrong way, I don't know how to word it, but I always wanted a baby, and there was always that void in my life, now without Jessica, the void is greater still... I don't want to replace her, but still want a baby... Not immediately though... Does this make sense?

My question...

After a C-Section, how long did you wait before trying again?

I know I need to make sure I'm fully healed myself, as if the womb tries to stretch too soon after being stitched up, it could perforate, and that's a risk I'm not willing to take. Me poor heart can't take it again lol (not after sympathy).

So, any advice really?

Hi Sarah,

I'm so sorry for your loss, the girls on here are very supportive they have been invaluable over the past few weeks for me!!

I would say when you are emotionally ready to start trying again then do so, but i would get the go ahead from the doctors, as like you said it a lot of work for your womb to start stretching again.

Much love xx

Yeah, I asked and they said 6-9 months is a good time to allow, I was just "wanted" to ask other people too, no idea why.

Today is only Day 1 after her funeral yesterday, so its very very early days, but I have questions like others and this site has proven fab through the pregnancy, so I knew if I was to get answers anywhere, it'd be here. :)

Thanks for the reply

They say it takes roughly 9 months for your body to get back to normal after giving birth. Very sorry for your loss and wish you all the luck for the future

:hugs:

Jessica is beautiful, you must be very proud...some people never get to meet an angel, you held one in your arms.

xx

They say it takes roughly 9 months for your body to get back to normal after giving birth. Very sorry for your loss and wish you all the luck for the future

Thank you very much.

Jessica is beautiful, you must be very proud...some people never get to meet an angel, you held one in your arms.

xx

That's really nice, hadn't thought of it that way, thank you. :cloud9:

Just wanted to say also, my consultant recommended an MOT from the Dr if i was going to TTC within a year. He will feel my scar tissue and make a recommendation on whether it has healed enough on the inside to cope with pregnancy and childbirth. It's a lot of weight to hold in an area that has been made so weak by such a major operation.

Just wanted to say also, my consultant recommended an MOT from the Dr if i was going to TTC within a year. He will feel my scar tissue and make a recommendation on whether it has healed enough on the inside to cope with pregnancy and childbirth. It's a lot of weight to hold in an area that has been made so weak by such a major operation.

Yes, I had said to Matthew that before we started TTC i would be wanting to get the go ahead from a professional. I won't just certify myself as ready.

I had a classical c-section (cut down rather than across) and was told to wait until I was 'emotionally' ready. However - as we both know - I had an overwhelming urge to become a mummy again to a live healthy baby so didn't listen to the doctors! If you wait until you are emotionally ready - you never will be.
I fell pg 4 months after my c-section and had a healthy (but paranoid!) pregnancy. 2 years later I had another c-section. I am pg again and will have my 4th section next year.
The only advice I have is try not to time birthdays close together!
Shaunas birthday is 9th August, Isobels 7th August and Louie 3rd August.
A very emiotnally draining week every year!

I wish you brighter days ahead xxx

Im glad you are going to ask the Dr first.... :hugs: I have no Idea about any of this stuff but I wish you all the best... And I wish you a speedy recovery both mentally and physically and when the time is right, a speedy BFP :hugs:

All my Best,
Suz

Just wanted to wish you lots of love and luck:hugs:

xxxx

I had two c-sections, and yes you do have to wait some time for your body to heal properly, or you could have other issues to worry about such as risk of rupture ect. I was told to wait one year, and I got PG on my son's birthday. All was fine. Sorry for your loss hon. Please don't feel the need to explain your actions (ex: wanting another child). We are not here to judge you, and besides that, only you know what you are going through...because everyone deals with things in their own way. I know someone who lost their son at 34.5 weeks, and she went on and had another baby I think a year later (no c-section tho so she didn't really have to wait). You had a baby girl, but, the heaven's took her. I think it is only natural to want to have another one. And of course, it is not to replace her...no one would ever think that, at least, not here. Big hugs to you. x0x0

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I'm so sorry hun. :hugs:

I read in one of my book's "Trying Again by Ann Douglas" to wait atleast six months if you've experienced a cesarean delivery.

I'm so sorry for your loss hun:hugs:

I lost our son at 21 weeks although I didn't have a section. We started trying again straight away as like you I had the need for something to try and fill a little part of the massive hole that was missing. I spoke to a doctor about it and he said if my body wasn't ready then I wouldn't fall pregnant. It's 6 months since Beau died and we're still trying so I'm assuming it's still healing.

It's a good idea to ask your doctor and go from there. I wish you all the luck in the world and if you ever need to talk, I'm always here.

Love to you and your little angel:hugs:

My friend Michelle had a c/s and then was pregnant 5 months later and delivered a c/s again and she was fine. Again, Im so sorry for your loss =(

i cant really say much more than the other girls have said..
its good you went to the doctor first, and from a medical point of view, only they can give you a definite time, as everyones bodies are different. but emotionally, only you, your OH and your body will know when its time. i understand your urge to ask questions, just give yourself the time you and your OH need..
you know that nothing will replace Jessica, and i dont think anyone will ever see it like that..your a very strong lady, and i admire you so much..
i hope the funeral went as well as these things can.. your all in my thoughts and prayers.
lots of :hug: xxx

Well medically speaking you rbody is fully healed after 6 weeks. You should wait 6 month for the tissue to strengthen around your uterus etc and I was pregnant 6 months after my middle son and that was a section. I have heard of women getting pregnant within 2 months after a section. But I waited 6 months to get there.

I am so sorry for you rloss hun and I hope that emotionally you are ready for the ttc journey again. It is up to you after your bosy ahs healed then it is only your mind, which I think could take alot longer hun. I'm thinking of you and your family hun :hugs:

my sister was told if she wants anymore kids 9 months but 1 years to be 100% sure.

So sorry for your loss hun. xxx

Hi sarah.. firstly so sorry for your loss.:hugs::hugs:

I lost my son at 37weeks and 2days, due to high BP and placental ubrupture.. I also has a c-section and this is now 16months ago already... Unfortunately my TTC journey has been over 13months now already as my body is still recovering each day...

I was adviced by my GYNI to wait at least 3months before TTC but in actual fact it takes a c-section to completely heal almost 12months... till date my scar is very sensitive and my stiches in my womb started to disolve from 8months only, and all my blood transfusions has made it difficult for my body to adjust completely... think i got a mans blood for sure...

I pray that you will have a short TTC journey again... but in actual fact TTC when you feel ready.......:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->