How long after bloody show..?

PregnantKitty

Reaction score
Ive been bleeding and having blood-streaked mucus all day. Like... a lot. And cramps. And i feel like death.

I never had my bloody show with my previous pregnancies. How long did it take for you ladies to go ibto active labor once you started yours? Also, how long will it likely go on?

It's really gross and i am really sick of feeling horrid.

I had my bloody show over a week ago and been losing it several times a day since :/ I know how you feel though. I ready to be done!

With ds1 I had my bloody show about 5pm, contractions started regularly at about 8pm that same night and my baby was born just after midnight so it was all pretty quick. However with ds2 I started having bloody streaks on the Sunday and he wasn't born until the Wednesday morning.

Good luck though sounds promising!

I didn't have one with my first. With my 2nd child, i was already having regular contractions when i got a bloody show, she was born within 24hrs. With the third child, 3 days after the show i went into labour and she was born the same day.
Good luck!

I've had probably over half a cup of mucus and blood. Is that normal?

Ive had spotting and streaking since i went into preterm labor at 34 weeks off and on but this is totally different.

Like, im wondering if my waters are slowly leaking with it or something because it is a ton of mucus.

I don't really remember how much I had but if you had pre term labour maybe you should get checked off just to be sure, you don't want to take any chances

I second you get seen. At least to verify it's normal. Baby moving ok?

I was under the impression Blood streaked mucus was fine but actually fresh blood and bleeding wasn't fine... i could definitely be wrong though! Give em a call.

I went in to labour 12 hours after I lost mine :) Good luck!! :dance:

Oh hmm. Wish i had read this earlier. It's still reall heavy and yeah definitely fresh blood. Then I'll have like 3-4 contractions in an hour and then nothing for a few hours.

I have no idea what to think here but it's 2am so i dunno... my OB doesnt really have an after hours service. Well, he does but they say to go to the hospital no matter what i call in about because they dont wanna be liable if they say im fine and then im not.

Hmmmmm. Im gonna do some research. Find out if thus is normal, hopefully.

Baby is moving fine so im not too worried.

I just read on a website that 2-3 tablespoons of fresh blood (NOT blood stained mucus) means you should call birth unit.

But now I've lost the damn link sorry....

https://www.babymed.com/pregnancy-symptoms/mucus-plug-bloody-show

Here ya go. Fresh blood can be a sign of placental abruption or placenta previa.

It's all been in the mucus so no blood on its own other than some spotting when i wipe. But ive lost lile a cup of mucus today and i would say it was around 50% blood streaked every time i went to the bathroom. Like, each stringy glob was roughly half red/pink.

Idk. I think im gonna try to nap and if i have any contractions that wake me up or if things havent improved in the morning then I'll go in.

I woke at 4 am the morning my dd was born to fresh red blood and contractions. She was here 6 hours later. I had no mucus at all and my midwifes were not concerned when i called them.

Hey hope you're ok and either in labour or had your baby!

With my son, I didn't go into labor until 10 days after

Sadly, no baby yet. Still having a very little bit of mucus and blood here or there and random contractions. Im so frustrated and in pain. Especially since my toddler seems to have a case of the naughties today and is driving me insane. >_<
Now i just wanna go into labor to get a break. Lol

I'm the same. I lost tonnes of plug all day Friday then tonnes more all day Saturday and then today I'm still losing plug. But still NO BABY! none of my plug has blood in it though so i know none of my cervix capillaries have gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->