How long after coming off the pill did it take you to conceive?

michelle8733

Mom to Scarlett Grace
Reaction score
Just curious since I wasn't on any birth control when we conceived our first. I just stopped taking my pill two days ago but AF is due on Friday so I know I'm out for this cycle. Just curious how many cycles it took for you to conceive after coming off birth control pills?

I have read of some getting pregnant the first month, others taking years and everything inbetween. I personally came off the pill after 10 years of being on it and am on my 9th cycle of TTC. Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones that catches right away!

It took me 6 cycles and I had been on the pill for 20 months. Good luck and Baby Dust to you! :)

Ttc #1, I came off after 10 years at the beginning of Jan. We had to wait until beginning of March to start trying and then I conceived in June. The first cycle we were not using birth control we knew there was zero chance of conceiving as hardly bd that month and not at the right time.

I came off the pill to ttc #2 at the beginning of March this year after about 22 months on it and just got a bfp yesterday on 2nd cycle. I feel so lucky!

Fingers crosssed it happens quickly for you.

I conceived immediately. I had been taking the pill for just over 9 years. I took my last pill on Feb. 4th, had a withdrawal bleed a few days later, got my bfp March 7th.

That pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage in April, but my OB said it had nothing to do with me conceiving so quickly. My lining was fine and everything else looked good. Likely a chromosomal problem.

Thank ya'll for the replies. That makes me a little more hopeful that it could happen sooner rather than later. So since stopping the pill now about 4 days ago I started heavily bleeding last night (assuming my cycle came early since it wasn't due to start until this Friday.) Is this my cycle or just a random bleeding from stopping the pill? I'm not sure if I should count this as cycle day #1 or not? It feels and seems like AF so I'm just going to assume so and start to count this as my first cycle starting yesterday. :shrug:

TTC#1 i had been on the pill for about 9 years and conceived 2nd month. Now TTC #2 i was only on the pill for 2 months (implant before that) and am now on cycle 2 . Hope you get your bfp soon!

Michelle I'd count yesterday (when the bleeding started) as day 1. You've got very little else to go on at this point and this is a bleed, albeit a withdrawal one rather than a 'real' period.

If you don't conceive this month then you'll have a better idea next cycle, but if you are lucky and catch the egg this month this is the best you have to have a rough idea of dates from.

Are you planning on temping or using opks or anything?

I attempted temping with my first pregnancy but forgot how to. Could you refresh my memory? I remember needed a certain type of thermometer. Also, I used opk's previously and plan on using them again. I just order the wondfo bulk supply of them with the pregnancy tests online. That's how we got our first BFP with our daughter. 🙂

Also, is there still a chance for me to conceive this month just coming off the pill? My doctor told me it could take up to three months or more for my cycles to regulate enough to conceive. Just wondering if there's any hope that this bleed really is AF and I could ovulate this cycle? Sorry so many questions but this is our first time TTC coming off any form of birth control.

I know nothing about temping sorry, but I know there's lots of ladies on here that are clued up on it so if you made a post on temping I'm sure there would be people along to help.

There's definitely a chance of you conceiving this month, it's just dependent on the individual how quickly the pill gets out of their bloodstream. I guess the doc is telling you to not have any concerns if you go a few months with no joy as it could just be the pill getting out of your system.

There's not much you can do to speed up that process so just relax as much as you can and enjoy the bd!

You certainly have a chance of conceiving. As I said above I conceived immediately. I only had my withdrawal bleed and ovulated two weeks after that. Not everyone does though some women take longer to adjust, but you can ovulate right away. That is why you hear about women who forgot to take their pill for a couple of days getting pregnant.

There is no real way to tell how your body will react though. If you want to TTC right away I would just go for it. If it happens, great! If not, hopefully your body will regulate within a couple of cycles.

My first one I was using the patch and it took 8 months. I am just getting faint positives now with baby #3 and it's month two. I got no withdrawal bleed but my actual period 27days after I stopped the pill.

Hey so I stopped taking the mini pill exactly four weeks ago and a few days after I had EWCM , last eeek I had four days very light sporting . I've been using opks and pulling my hair out as they'd consistently darken over a few days then go back to nothing at all . I was going to stop and wait for my first proper AF . But had a gut feeling last night to OPK again , thankfully I did as it was a good strong line so we BD'd of course !! OPK again this eve and test line was darker than control line . So I managed to convince hubby to BD again (( like he needed convincing :haha: )) . I've absolutely no idea when AF is supposed to arrive but will see how it goes over the next two/theee weeks :cloud9:

I've attached my OPK from tonight xxx

Attachments

• IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 4
Hey so I stopped taking the mini pill exactly four weeks ago and a few days after I had EWCM , last eeek I had four days very light sporting . I've been using opks and pulling my hair out as they'd consistently darken over a few days then go back to nothing at all . I was going to stop and wait for my first proper AF . But had a gut feeling last night to OPK again , thankfully I did as it was a good strong line so we BD'd of course !! OPK again this eve and test line was darker than control line . So I managed to convince hubby to BD again (( like he needed convincing :haha: )) . I've absolutely no idea when AF is supposed to arrive but will see how it goes over the next two/theee weeks :cloud9:

I've attached my OPK from tonight xxx

Good luck and I hope you get a BFP this month! Keep me updated please! As for me, I'm still bleeding so I'm assuming it's AF. I ordered a bulk supply of opks so can't wait to get started for our first official cycle! 👍

Thank you Michelle !! I hope you settle into a cycle and get your bfp quickly . Your little girl is adorable I love her red curls ❤️

Came off pill in Feb. So following :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->