how long after d and c?

rcl2105

Reaction score
hi guys, looking for a bit of advice as have been searching the internet and frankly its quite a scary place!
ive had a mmc and went for my d and c last wed morning. was home by lunchtime with no complications just slight bleeding and pain. the bleeding stopped after a few days and i really needed that closeness with my DH and after 5days had sex.(there was no pain during). ive since read that i should have waited 2weeks due to risk of infection etc but no one at the hospital said anything like that. i still have a little pain on my left side and am a bit worried.
can anyone offer any advice or been in a similar situation?
rachel

So sorry for your loss hun, I really feel for your during this painful and upsetting time.

I had a mmc in january and had a d&c. Although I never had sex for a few weeks. I can say that the nurse told me that signs of infection would be smelly discharge. you will still have some pain at this early stage. I found more pain when i went to the toilet. pressure I guess Sorry TMI!.

If you are at all worried about infection just call the hospital where you went or see your GP. I am sure you will be fine but maybe wait until you feel more recovered before having any more sex.

I wish you a speedy recovery and make sure you take lots of time to be kind on yourself. dont rush back to trying to be ok as I did this and now 3 months later everything caught up with me and I am having time off work and some counselling. i wish i had dealt with it better in january
x

hi guys, looking for a bit of advice as have been searching the internet and frankly its quite a scary place!
ive had a mmc and went for my d and c last wed morning. was home by lunchtime with no complications just slight bleeding and pain. the bleeding stopped after a few days and i really needed that closeness with my DH and after 5days had sex.(there was no pain during). ive since read that i should have waited 2weeks due to risk of infection etc but no one at the hospital said anything like that. i still have a little pain on my left side and am a bit worried.
can anyone offer any advice or been in a similar situation?
rachel

hi, just wanted to say im so sorry for ur loss, i had a mmc in '07, and opted for a D&C also, im really sorry but i cant remember how long they said dont have sex afterwards, but i do remember them saying i couldnt have a bath i had to have showers for 3 weeks because of the risk of infection, so mayb it could be the same for sex i honestly dont know, i would go to ur gp if u are in pain just to be on the safe side, i didnt have sex, and i didnt take baths for nearly a month (which i hated beacuse i just wanted to lay in a nice warm bath) and i still ended up with an infection
hope u feel better soon

:hugs:
Lianne x

I was told you could have sex either once the bleeding had stopped or 2 weeks afterwards. I opted to wait for 2 weeks and then got AF so it was after that - nearer 3 weeks in end. They did say that you'd know if you had infection as you'd get discharge and it would be smelly. Also that you'd get a temperature.

Hi hun,

i was in the same position, i.e. i did the same and i swear it helped me lots psychologically, moving on etc. I was only told not to have sex as long as i had any bleeding, which i didn't at the time. It was 5 days later. Wasn't told anything about baths and showers except not to use tampons the first af after as they can be quite abrasive and Ive never had any probes.

Generally speaking, as mentioned above, if you have any symptoms that things are wrong then see your dr to be on the safe side. The main things to look for is prolonged bleeding, heavy bleeding, sharp pain, discoloured/smelly discharge and fever (the last 2 definitely indicating an infection).

All the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->