How long after Implantation will a beta blood test detect HCG?

zestygirl

1994, 2000 Hoping for #3!
Reaction score
I am wondering because what I've read that blood tests can detect HCG x days after fertilization, but, I think the more important question is how long after implantation hcg goes up enough to be detected by a blood test?

Does anyone know??

Also - does anyone know if HCG levels of greater than zero are considered "suspicious" (ie - is an HCG that is undetectable more common than an HCG level of like, 2-3? meaning, non-pregnant women will usually show undetectable/zero - and possibly pregnant women >1?)

I know I'm reaching at straws.

My chart looks really good this month and I just got a negative blood test at 12DPO, but my HCG WAS higher than zero.

I think I might've implanted 1.5 days ago (the evening of 10DPO).

I think your HCG needs to be above 5 or the dr's to class it as positive (dont know if its all dr's but thats what my dr's said for me)

When it reaches that i dont know sorry x

I actually work in a lab that performs blood hCG testing :) Our machines will always give a numerical value, whether it is <0.5 (usually reported as undetectable), or really high. For a doctor to consider a test positive, it should be above 5, but that is still borderline. Usually in this case the Dr will order a urine test for comparison, and perform another blood test two days later. If the number doubles then it is a definitive positive.

Hcg is produced as soon as implantation occurs. It can take 24 to 48 hrs to build up enough in the urine to show on a very sensitive test. I know I implanted 9dpo and got my bfp that same day with a wondfo frer was negative but became positive the next day. Frer can detect hcg levels as low as 5. I would think if implantation was complete the blood test should be positive within a day or 2 at the latest.

Thank you for your responses :) Does very much to soothe my ttc-anxiety-riddled mind.

I have an appointment with my fertility doctor today. Currently, I'm doing nothing but taking vitamins, and we have only really had one or two cycles to try so far, so I am going to try to maintain my PMA.

I suppose there is always a chance that I am PG, but, I am just gonna stop focusing on that. Not worth the upset, really.

Thanks! one positive out of my CP is i know i can get pregnant :)

Good luck! your chart looks amazing ;)

Thanks! one positive out of my CP is i know i can get pregnant :)

Good luck! your chart looks amazing ;)

Thank you. :) Yes, I believe a CP at this point would actually encourage me.

As for my chart - I agree! It sure did look amazing! I made the mistake of telling my DH I thought I was PG and getting his hopes up....got a beta and it was negative! :cry: Today, though, (14 dpo,) came the anticipated crash.

Looks like it's not my month.

Btw, I have a big testing thread if you are looking for a place to hang out. Need more chart stalkers though! ;)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...-june-6-testers-february-baby-join-us-77.html

GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->