how long after loss will hcg level's be up?

welshdee

Reaction score
how long after loss will hcg level's be up?

i lost baby 3 weeks and pregnancy test's still show positive?
am i right in thinking till level's go bk to 5 or below i won't ovulate?

I lost my little girl at 13 weeks and had negative pregnancy tests by two weeks later. I think it varies person to person.

I was told that you can ovulate with a level of 50 or less.

thanks vic i was told thay shouldn't show by know, i hate doing test's when i know there's no baby..
im sure i ovulated last week as i alway's get a pain which last's less than an hour the whole still bleeding and test's showing positive is drivin me mad.

Hi Welshdee, sorry for you loss. :hugs: You are not alone. I still had HCG levels for 5 weeks from the start of my mc. Like Vickieh1981 said, everyone is different. I don't think I stopped bleeding unil a week after my levels were gone. I hope my experience doesn't worry any more than you probably already are, but I just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone.

thank u dazed, it's kind of good to hear that it's not just me. that its normal i guess
just so people seem to be getting pregnant really soon after had me worryed.

It took me 6 weeks to get my first AF, but my levels were still at 17. At 8 weeks after my mc, I was down to level 6. For some reason, it just lingered longer in me. I had a hysteroscopy (for another reason) and there was no tissue remaining. It just varies. It is still so early for you. If I were you, I'd stop testing. It's too sad to keep seeing a positive pregnancy test and know that you are no longer pregnant.

how strange heart tree, i spoke to the nurse and she said u can't ovulate till levels go bk below 5, hence why i was confused about positive test still and my normal ovulation pain which i had since mc.

Well I am pretty sure the nurse is wrong. I was definitely told you can ovulate with a level of 50.

i hope so vic it's so confusing ive looked it up and the information is alway's different, depending on site u look at.
im gona keep testing, and cp has gone high no cm though might try just incase.

Hi welshdee I was still getting positive tests till 25 days after erpc and then I got my first af at 32 days. I don't think i ovulated but i wasn't really checking that first cycle. So don't worry am sure you will get a negative test soon.

Sorry for your loss hun xx

thank u queenie it's good 2 hear it's not just me the hospital said 2 weeks and i would get negative im beginning 2 think thay havent got a clue! reasuring cause thay keep mentioning that there may be bit's left.

how strange heart tree, i spoke to the nurse and she said u can't ovulate till levels go bk below 5, hence why i was confused about positive test still and my normal ovulation pain which i had since mc.

Don't forget, you can get AF without ovulating. That's probably what happened to me since my levels were still a bit high after my first AF. Your body does all sorts of strange things to regulate itself again after a loss. It is possible that you felt OV pain, but didn't actually ovulate.

no -idea heart tree but i made sure i bd just incase i did lol.

i just wanted a negative test so id know im reset and any positives would be real one's.

I hear you welshy, it's nice to know all your levels are back to normal and you can move on. Glad you bd'd just in case!!!

welsh dee I was worried about that too - that something was left - it was really worrying me but I did lots of googling and found people still with positives at 5 weeks so calmed down a bit and then suddenly got bfn(only time ever happy to see a bfn).

Hope you get your bfn soon and followed swiftly by a bfp xx

me 2 heart tree i'd kick myself if i had af in few weeks an hadent of tryed.

queenie im dreading the bfn but in same breath can't wait, if that makes sence?
thank u i do 2 x

I don't know about ovulating before your levels get all the way back down, but I know that my levels took 4 months to go back down to 0 after my miscarriage in September! My doctor said everyone is different and every time is different. Expecting it to only take a certain period of time only makes the wait more frustrating.

it 's been 4weeks since mc and had to bk to hospital for a scan and do pg test.
the test was positive which i already knew and thay found i still have some bit's that need to make there way out hence why testing positive i guess?
got wait 2weeks and go bk for another scan.
seems soooo long away.

Ahh I'm sorry welshdee that's pants!! Are they hoping it will come out naturally? I hope it does and soon. Have they tested your hcg?

I'm sorry hun, I remember waiting for my first AF after m/c and I just wanted it to come so I could move on, to have to wait two weeks must be awful.

It took about 4 weeks for me. Unfortunately, I had an incomplete miscarriage, so things got pretty complicated. Thankfully it all came out after I developed PID. *grumbles*
And I'm going on week 7 of spotting. *more grumbles* I'm unsure about the ovulation question. I have heard it both ways.
To Welshdee: I really hate to hear of your loss, and I hope it all comes out soon! It's such an awful thing when it's so long and drawn out...I almost went nuts! Make sure that if you have any bad pelvic pain, you go straight to the hospital! Where mine was incomplete and sat in there so long, I got an AWFUL infection and had to stay in the hospital for 3 days! It really sucks that you have to wait that long! Good Luck and try to keep your head up!
Sticky baby dust to you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"