How long after mc bleeding stopped did u ovulate?

Kanga86

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I think I have finally stopped bleeding following my mc, a full 7 weeks later!!

Because I have waited so long for this bleeding to stop i really dont want to wait til after my first af to try again. S my question is for the ladies who tried again straight away how long after your miscarriage bleeding stopped did u ovulate?

I have cheapie opk's and some cb digi ones just to confirm it, but really would like to know roughly how long i am expected to wait for ovulation if i even ovulate this cycle? when should i start using the opk's? I think i have about 15 cheapies so dont want to start to early?

xx

Its different for everyone, which isn't much help is it?

I bled for 6 days before I got a negative pregnancy test. 17 days after that I ovulated (using OPTs). I was extremely lucky to have my cycle get right back on track. My SIL had a d&c (12 weeks) and it took her 4 months before she ovulated again.

If I were you, I would count the first day of not bleeding (if you have a negative pregnancy test) as your day 1 and start using the OPTs when you normally would. Hopefully you'll get a good result right away!

Good luck xo

I know it varies quite a lot for everyone, just was interested to see what happened for everyone else.

I did a hpt this morning and I'm not sure if there was a line or not, but that is good because it seems as though things are getting better as it was still positive on Friday. Not so sure the bleeding has stopped now though, stupid body teasing me! Xx

With my first mc I O on cd26, that's 15 days after I stopped bleeding. With this one I'm still bleeding so I don't know when it'll happen unfortunately.

XX

I Oed on CD 21 which was about 2 weeks after the bleeding stopped. I really didn't expect it to happen that soon.

Thank u for ur dates ladies, I suppose I will take today as the beginning of a possible cycle and see what happens in 2 weeks xx

Didn't ov first month. Missed the next two eggs. Relaxed had a huge sore period and that third egg bang! It split and I've two on way!

Hi, I o'ed 13 days after I got a negative pg test. I'm now 10 dpo and have my fingers crossed that I've been lucky again.

We wanted to try again straight away so I haven't had a period as yet

XX

It is different for everyone. I bled for a week total after miscarriage (natural), it took another 4 weeks before preg test was negative. ( I was 12 weeks along with twins, so had alot of hormones in my system) I had my first period 6 weeks after miscarriage. I ovulated my normal day 13 of this cycle and am currently waiting to test again. I only waited to have one normal cycle before we tried again and I think we did it...lots of symptoms. Good luck.. it felt like forever to get back on track, longest 6 weeks of my life...first time I ever recall praying for af to arrive.

If you count the first day of bleeding with the MC, I have ovulated on day 14 twice. I was about 6 weeks with the first one (over ten yrs ago) and 4 weeks +1 this time (August 6th)

I'm waiting to o after mc too. My mc was on 29th July, I was at 6 weeks, so counted 1st day of bleeding as cd1. Am now on cd 22 and haven't ovulated yet. My temps keep going up but then falling, and opks look like they're going positive, then back to negative. It's so confusing and frustrating! I have pcos but am still hoping to ovulate. Once af comes I have clomid ready to take for the first time.

Good luck! :flower:

Thank u so much for sharing ur experiences. What I thought was the end of my bleeding has continued til today so cd52 after the day of mc! Today the bleeding hasn't started back up so hoping that it has actually stopped now. Xx

Have you been checked kanga at the hospital? I went yesterday & they were worried because I'm still bleeding but it's 17 days. They even gave me antibiotics.

X

I am also waiting to o after a mc on July 10. Bleeding continued for about 10 more days. Still no AF and no O yet :(

Congratulations mrsmitch80, fx for a super sticky bean xx

Madrid98 - I have had a few scans post mc with another one tomorrow and a blood test last Tuesday. I got given antibiotics on Monday and have been taking them for 6 days but I don't know if this is why my bleeding has stopped now though.

Just starting to feel normal again as strangely it is weird going to the loo and not seeing blood! Hope we all ov soon xx

I am on day 17 post D&C (I was 7 weeks) we are waiting one cycle before trying again, but I am temping to try to figure out when to expect AF:witch:. Yesterday FF thought I had O'd earlier this week:happydance:, but this morning my temps were back down, so it took away my crosshairs:nope:. It is so frustrating waiting for my cylce to return. Part of me wants to just go ahead and throw caution to the wind, but then the logical part of me says, no follow the Dr.'s suggestion! I know that many women go on to have healthy pregnancies right after a MC, but I don't want to do anything that might increase the chances of this happening again.

Hey hun, I ovulated 10 days after my miscarriage and bang.... I was pregnant again! :) Good luck xx

MrsMitch80 congratulations!!! Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you!!!

Kanga I think we are in the same boat then. I was 10 wks when the mc happened and I've been bleeding all this time from 2nd August. Last Thursday I had a scan and the doc gave me antibiotics as to try to stop the bleeding or avoid infection because I've been bleeding for too long. On the other hand they showed me the pics from the scan & said there were bits still inside and that was the reason of my bleeding. Next Thursday I have the next scan and if it isn't clear I'll have a d&c they said.

If you've stopped then excellent because you can start to go back to normal. Have you done the hpt? I think I'll do it later today or tomorrow with fmu.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->