how long after premmie baby coming home...

chel27

mum to 3
Reaction score
do you take them outside ie: for walk, shops, or generally anywhere?? do you wait for a while and keep them indoors for bit???

Poppy was in for 2 weeks and we bought her home on a Monday. Didn't take her out till the Thursday when we went to register her birth at the Town Hall which is about a 15 minute walk from our house. We then ended up taking her to a wedding on the Friday for a few hours which wasn't a great idea as I was feeding her (in the loo!) every half an hour ;)

I suppose it depends how well and how prem your baby is. molly is home on oxygen so vunerable to illnesses. Have been advised to only take her to places that are not too crowded, eg no supermarkets for about a month.

I only took Noah to his appointments and no where else for about 3 months. I was really extra careful though. I would even send my step kids out of the house to my Mothers or thier grandparents for days if they became sick.

my bro's little boy was due end of dec 08, he was born 9 weeks early and stayed in scbu for about 4-5 weeks....they then chose to wait til his due date before taking him outside

My son was 10 weeks early....and We were told not to take him anywhere besides doctors and family untill he was 6months old! They were very strict about it too! I would like to say at about 4 months he started going around places quite a bit. I mean I HAD to go places at some point..and going to teh doctors is just as bad as the grocery store.......but i did follow the rule till we was alot bigger and talked to our peditricain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->