How long after stopping nursing at night did your cycles return?

Pielette

Mum to little men
Reaction score
As the title says really.

My LO is now in the process of stopping feeding at night :happydance: At the most it's one night feed but out of the last three nights he's gone straight through twice.

My period hasn't come back yet. I have wondered if my body has 'tried' a couple of times but hasn't managed it, I've had twinges and cramps and then it's gone away again.

We want to try for number 3 soon. Not right away but I'd like a similar age gap to the one between my boys. I'm just wondering how long I might have to wait until my cycles return. I don't want to stop breastfeeding anytime soon and may let him self wean.

I can't really answer your question, but my period returned at 8 weeks pp and I exclusively bf day & night. You just never know.. :flower:

Mine came back 8 months after night weaning. My son night weaned at 7 weeks and I got my period back at 10 months. I was still bfing like 6-7 times a day when I got my period back.

You know this probably doesn't help you much because of the age difference.

Mine didn't come back till i weaned 100% at 16 months and by then LO didn't drink at night for at least 3 months....each body is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->