how long are they allowed to leave you with no gas?

Shireena__x

In My Own Little World
Reaction score
once again i have no gas

i would like to know what is the LAW requirement on how long they can leave you without gas for?

• DD has just turned 8 months
    Im 19
    Its A Semi Detatched 2 Bed Home
    I Live Alone in birmingham

If that helps

can you get hot water and heating without gas?

nope nothing. i have no heat hot water, cant youse my washine machine or cooker

thanks for the quick response x

Your best bet is to ring CAB, they'll be open now.

Have you paid all your bills?

They cant leave you without gas if you have no alternative ie electric immersion.
And as you have a child under 1 they should make you a priority over everyone else. Id ring and give them earache hun xx

Yeah, if you don't have a hot water tank or anything then they cant really leave you with nothing, especially with a child under a year old in December :shock:

Why is it cut off?

i have given them a good cussing and now someones like oh they can come out and give you a full house inspection on the 6th january cause the hole house is falling to peices. from DD Bedroom i can see through the floorboards right too the kitchen!!!

i have to MAJOR holes in my living room from goodness nose what, so i cant floor it

i have MOULD!!! All over my downstairs sealing its just getting ridiculous now

ive REFUSED to pay my bills now as they havent carried out there agreement to the contract which cab said i could do but only for4 a certain amount of days.

and i was gonna go up the CAB office but i have to sit in and wait for this stupid gass man!!!!!! and i cant phon as midlands hearts stupid 0845 which has now changed to 0345 number has BLUDDY TOOOK £20 CREDIT IN A WEEK1!!!!!

edit: by bills** up there i mean one weeks rent

and its not cut off. ive got 15 pound gass on the metre, they just have to restart my boiler because it keeps switching itself off.

you would think they would give me a new boiler as its been happenining since september, nope not midlands heart!

I don't know if there is a legal requirment but I would go to the local press and tell them they are planning on leaving a young mother without any heating and hot water all over christmas. They'll get someone out soon enough when they think there's bad publicity on the way.

I don't know if there is a legal requirment but I would go to the local press and tell them they are planning on leaving a young mother without any heating and hot water all over christmas. They'll get someone out soon enough when they think there's bad publicity on the way.

i like that idea :flower:

Is it just the light thats gone on your boiler? If so, you can fix that yourself if your boiler keeps tripping off. Just get the guy to show you when he comes round.

as above if the boiler just keeps going out and needs re lighting as the guy to show you how its done he should be able to show you its normally easy and simple :D

Is it just the light thats gone on your boiler? If so, you can fix that yourself if your boiler keeps tripping off. Just get the guy to show you when he comes round.

Yup we had this problem in our old house. The guy showed us how to do it. Although it was an old shitty boiler so it took AGES

I think if you have no heating or water they have to see to you in 24 hours as our gas meter broke in the old house and I was pregnant with Caitlin and they came out within 24 hours

Hope you get it sorted xx

yhh it does keep trippin but like every hiour hour and a half. they have showed me how to do it, but i was holdin the thing 4 like 400 secondss (icounted:shy:) and it stil wouldnt light. he came and had too take off the thing to light it with a matchy thing to cover it 2 spark it for it to light if u get me :S? i need a new boiler cause its sooooooo olod but because it keeps passing its test they wont gimme one :( but surely the amount of call outs is way more then a new frikin boiler!

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but i was left for TWO WEEKS with no gas / heating / hot water / cooker because people kept coming out every day and saying i needed to phone someone else, so id phone someone eelse and they said i needed to see someone else, then someone came round and condemned the meter and put a cap on it, then no one could decide on who was legally allowed to remove it, it was ridiculous!! i agree, go to the press, then youll get it sorted quickly!!!

x

yhh it does keep trippin but like every hiour hour and a half. they have showed me how to do it, but i was holdin the thing 4 like 400 secondss (icounted:shy:) and it stil wouldnt light. he came and had too take off the thing to light it with a matchy thing to cover it 2 spark it for it to light if u get me :S? i need a new boiler cause its sooooooo olod but because it keeps passing its test they wont gimme one :( but surely the amount of call outs is way more then a new frikin boiler!

It could be the main board. Thats what was just replaced in ours. It kept cutting out if you used the heating, and then would never fire up again. 3 service engineers just replaces thermostats, till one guy looked at the service log and figured it was a bigger prob than the previous fudges had bothered to deal with. Took us ages to and we were left each time for between 12-36 hours with no hot water or heating as despite them saying it was 24 emergency call out, it always happened on a friday night!, no one would come till the next morning or sunday. OH complained about it, but was told tough.

Then last engineer - really nice guy in lates 50's - confirmed that yes as we have a baby they DO have to fix it asap and that it is 24hour call our for ANYTHING for council boilers. But I knew this as one time we called they said no, I said, well why it the guy parked down the street from me? haha, they said he maybe lived there (I know he didnt!)

It took about 40 mins to fix, so hopefully they can do yours quickly to. Maybe mention it to them, so they check it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->