How long before or after missed period did you get BFP?

onedaybaby

Mum of 1 and TTC no2
Reaction score
Hi all,

I found out I was pregnant on 23rd Dec and I was 10 days late.
I last tested at 7 days late so may have got a BFP before 10 days late but I wouldn't know.

Anyone else not find out until this late even though you tested every few days after missed period? Just want to check I'm not weird or does it mean I ovulated late? At 6 weeks I have no MS except the odd moment of nausea when I suddenly feel hungry. My breasts have got bigger, heavier, are veiny and very tender. I might be starting to get a little more of a tummy. What are/were your pregnancy symptoms at 6 weeks?

I just really hope I've worked things out right as will be a while til I can confirm my EDD with a scan.

Thanks!

Congrats!! It might be that you o'd late, but some women don't show up as early as others. Did you chart at all?? I found out at an 8 week scan that I was a little further on than I thought, but don't worry you'll get there!

For now, your mw will go from your last period and calculate your edd using that and the length of your cycles

I didn't chart but I did follow my CM. I think I ov'd on CD22 and expected AF on CD35 or 36. BFP CD46. I had loads of EWCM on CD22, and a little leading up to it, so thats when we BDd. On CD16 I got some white cloudy CM which I took as indicative of leading up to my most fertile days. After CD22 there was no CM and on CD24 I had some brown spotting which I guessed could be ovulation spotting. On and off after that I had lots of lotiony CM, more so on some days so we BDd in case it was EWCM and I hadn't ov'd yet (at no time this month did I get positive on opk so can't be sure of anything!)

On CD33, 34, 35 leading up to expected AF I had mild cramping which could have been implantation. From 7 days late I had some mild cramping and pain (from constipation) and I was bloated and my tummy was sticking out. Over those days too I noticed my breasts were feeling really heavy but didn't think anything of it. But something made me test that day and I got my BFP!

So anyone experienced out there know what might have gone on? I'll be sticking to my estimated 6 weeks for now and thinking I conceived 28th Nov!

my LMP was the 15th Nov, tested the 9th Dec and got my positive so 3.5 weeks later.

My previous two pregnancies both didnt test pos until around 8 weeks.

I had an emergency scan on Wed there so 2 weeks after I tested pos and all they could see was the thickening of the womb, could not see the yolk sac etc yet.

So they couldnt date me.

hey i did a test on 14th december but that was a very very faint bfp so my doctor sent me for a blood test. i got the results on 23rd, which was positive, then the doctor did a urine test to confirm it and that was a dark positive. we worked it out that i was about 9 weeks gone.

you dont always find out quickly like some other people. every female is different. i got about 6 bfns before i got my first positive and i was 5 weeks late too.

i had a lmp on 12th nov,did a pg test on the 6th dec and it showed up as a faint positive my af was due on the 10th
i worked my dd out as the 19th aug 10
but my midwife says the 21st
so we will have to wait with my dating scan x

With my son I tested at 9DPO and got a BFP. When I had my scan I was 5 days ahead of my dates.

With this BFP I had done a few cheap tests with nothing appearing so I thought I was out. But got a BFP on the day AF was due so maybe when I get scanned I will be behind a few days?

I temp and use a fertility monitor.

Emma.xx

I tested about a day or 2 after I expected my period and my BFP lines came up!

i tested 3 days after AF was due and got my BFP.. I had tested on AF's due day and that was a Negative, so i am thinkin i perhaps Ov'd a touch later than I thought x

Just got my BFP today......11 dpo and 6 days before AF due... dont even know why i tested !!....it was either that or keep on with the ironing !!

well i bet you glad you tested,you got out of doing the ironing :happydance:

hi ladies, im glad i came across this post because im now 4 days late. i tested the day af was due on a cheapie and it was a bfn. so i wondered how long it usually takes to get that bfp and this post helped. i think i may go to the doc. in the morning and get a test done at 5 days left

I got my BFP 13 dpo and 2 days before my expected period (December 14th). I tested at 9 dpo and got a negative, then tested 3 days later and got my BFP! :)

Congrats everyone on your BFPs!
sma1588 - I was the original poster so not get BFP til 10 days late! I thought something sinister was going on with my cycles again so it was a real shock. Hope you get that BFP soon!
I don't understand why some people don't get a positive til much later. Maybe some women don't metabolise as much of the hcg until a little later (which is what shows up in urine) or maybe some womens hcg levels build up more slowly so the growing embryo grows a bit slower in the early stages. Or we ovulated later than we thought?

I used FRER when I was 1 day late which was negative but up until 10 days late I was using internet cheapies every few days so only tested again with FRER when I got a really really faint line on a cheap test and the line was much stronger than the cheap one. So maybe if I'd used another FRER sooner it would have shown up before 10 days late. I did kind of give up testing so I believe if I'd bothered to use a more expensive test sooner I wouldn't have found out so late.

Congrats everyone on your BFPs!
sma1588 - I was the original poster so not get BFP til 10 days late! I thought something sinister was going on with my cycles again so it was a real shock. Hope you get that BFP soon!
I don't understand why some people don't get a positive til much later. Maybe some women don't metabolise as much of the hcg until a little later (which is what shows up in urine) or maybe some womens hcg levels build up more slowly so the growing embryo grows a bit slower in the early stages. Or we ovulated later than we thought?

I used FRER when I was 1 day late which was negative but up until 10 days late I was using internet cheapies every few days so only tested again with FRER when I got a really really faint line on a cheap test and the line was much stronger than the cheap one. So maybe if I'd used another FRER sooner it would have shown up before 10 days late. I did kind of give up testing so I believe if I'd bothered to use a more expensive test sooner I wouldn't have found out so late.

well thank you for all your info, i think i need to go get a more expensive test and do it. i took a cheap test the day of my missed period and it was neg. but im 5 days late now and have no sign of AF but now i have no symptoms either really. other than increased sex drive and im a little achy but that could be cuz im a little sick

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->