how long between ER & FET?

skookie

Reaction score
Hey ladies.. I have my egg retrieval tomorrow for IVF, but the nurse called me yesterday to tell me my progesterone is too high to do a fresh cycle. Everything has been normal and average in this entire cycle so I was a little caught off guard with the news. She said that they will definitely be doing a "Freeze all" and any embryos will be frozen to use at a later time once my hormones get back under control. My question is has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how long did you have to wait for your embryo transfer? I'll find out tomorrow since I'm sure I'll be talking to the doc before the egg retrieval but as I'm sure you can all imagine, I'm feeling really impatient. Just checking what the most common experiences are with this. Will I have to go on birth control and all that again? :(

Hi I had my EC 31/10 and had transfer 02/03 I had Xmas in between though which was a delay, also as I was having endo scratch this had to be dome after Xmas then I started cycle after that, the other thing that held me up is my long cycles, had to take provera to induce af to have scratch which was about a 45 day cycle then had to wait another 40 day's for af to start the FET

Good news is fet's have better success rates and someone at my clinic said they are leaning towards everyone doing a freeze all in the future because of this
Also fet's are quite relaxed, have baseline scan, start estrogen tablets to stop ovulation and thicken lining, go back for scan after 10 days, if no follicle showing ovulation and lining is thick enough then start progesterone and transfer is 5 day's later, for me my lining was slightly under after 10 days so went back another week later and it was fine, all good though as I got my bfp so everything worked out for the best and I'm sure it will for you too, good luck :)

thanks so much! that is very helpful! it's looking like i have an appointment set up for wednesday to talk about how many of our embryos are going to be frozen, so i bet we will talk more timing then. I'm excited. :)

also i have read all that about FET's so i was actually kind of happy.. but also disappointed due to just being impatient.

I was so disappointed when they said it was a freeze all and quite down but time went quick and before you know it you will back for appointments! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->