How long between GP and midwife?

Miss Phoenix

Reaction score
Hello all :)

Quick question - how long should you expect to wait between telling the GP about a positive pregnancy test and hearing from a midwife?

I live in Scotland and phoned my GP a week ago, I haven’t been to see anyone as appt was over the phone and I explained I wasn’t sure if I was 4 or 8 weeks pregnant due to the potential that my last (early and strange) period was implantation. I also explained that my partner and I have a history of miscarriages and I also have MS and he said they may organise an early scan for me.

I know that certain tests need to be done before 10 weeks so with the potential that I could be anywhere between 5 and 9 weeks pregnant now I am a little worried. It’s been 10 years since I was referred to a midwife so I honestly don’t know what’s a normal waiting time in Scotland!

Any advice?

I'm in England and got my first appointment around 8 weeks.

I’m in Canada and here you have to phone the midwife to get an appointment. However I’ve been through 2 midwifery clinics - one I saw at like 5 weeks, but the other doesn’t see anyone until 12 weeks! So I think they’re all different

I’m in Scotland, I had my fist appointment at 8 weeks which was a telephone call and then they made an appointment for me to go up and give bloods a few days later. I’ve had an ectopic and they said they might scan early, but they decided not to. I had my scan at 12 weeks and then a telephone appointment with my midwife at 16 weeks

In England u see the midwife at 8 weeks

I’m in England. Didn’t see the dr, booked straight in with the midwife x

England here and my area u cn ring doc if u want but they jst give u number for midwives abs ring yaself and book in. Normally book in app 8-10 weeks and they take bloods and and general history then book u in for first scan

I’m in England and we don’t tell dr (I mean u can but they give u the me number lol) I phoned mw at 6wks and they don’t see u until 8wks anymore xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->