How long between treatments?

maz

TTC #1 since Oct 2004
Reaction score
As you all probably know by now, I am starting IVF treatment very soon, and am trying to mentally prepare myself. Assuming the clinic have my drug protocol right and I will grow enough follies and get to embryo transfer stage, I only have a 25% chance of success.

I was wondering if any of you ladies knows how long you have to wait before trying again. Can you go straight away or do you have to leave your ovaries alone for a while?

:dust:

I am by no means an expert about IVF but I did read an article in "Conceive" magazine over the weekend and the article said you if you have a failed IVF that you CAN try IVF again the next cycle. Now don't take my word for it because I haven't ever done IVF or considered it at this point but I just thought I would share w/ you what I read. I hope though that the 1st IVF is the only one you will need for a :bfp:. I know how bad unexplained infertility sucks. I had that diagnosis for 2 years up until I had a lap & hysteroscopy last month where RE found & removed Stage I endo & a small cyst.

Good luck hun!!
:hug:
--Lesley

Hey Maz, friend of mine is due next month and she had 1 failed cycle but the second one she had 3 months later - that was only due to cost though?? I did read an article whereby it said every 8 weeks??

Anyway.... you will get your :bfp: after the first go so it doesn't matter :hugs:

lonate - I hope you're right about the 1st attempt being successful - but I'm trying to psychologically prepare myself that the odds are stacked against us. I was hoping that seeing as the clinic has taken control of my hormones that i could go again straight away - especially if i have some frozen embies!!

I hope I don't find out in another year's time that I have been misdiagnosed!!

:hug:

Hey Maz, friend of mine is due next month and she had 1 failed cycle but the second one she had 3 months later - that was only due to cost though?? I did read an article whereby it said every 8 weeks??

Anyway.... you will get your :bfp: after the first go so it doesn't matter :hugs:

Can I hold you to that?? If I'm not successful first time, can I make you solely responsible?? :rofl:

Totally... bring it on i have BROAD shoulders! :rofl:

8 sleeps until you start DR - very exciting!! :hugs:

I know - even more exciting is my planning appointment - THIS THURSDAY!!!

Eeeekk - yippee!!

Well i look forward to having a full update of what is going on then missy!!! :happydance:

I want to go home because i might have my referral letter! oooh just to have a date would make me sooooooooo happy!

I just want to know when i'll get put on the waiting list - 1st appt, 2nd appt? when damn it when!!:hissy::hissy: sorry about that :blush:

Well Rosh - any sign of that elusive letter yet?

Not entired the same but with the IUI i did the second go right after the first though i would have had a break after the second to give my body a break.

Yeah we'd planned to have a month off before trying a 2nd cycle. I found it really exhausting and stressful and it coincided with Christmas so it seemed to make sense. Plus I had decided I wanted to get going with some accupuncture before having a 2nd go.

Hi Maz, Not sure you can ever prepare yourself enough for IVF and I know mentally you are trying to prepare yourself for all options but honestly, try and stay focused on one day at a time ( easier said I know) My clinic ask that you have a minimum of one natural cycle before trying again. I have just had a poor response to my IVF treatment and the heartache of a cancelled cycle.

I spent every day on the internet searching for stories, reading everybody diaries, but everybody is different and every treatment is different. IVF is such a roller coaster ride and for my next treatment, I really am going to take my own advice and try and focus on one thing at a time, I went crazy trying to think of what next and also worked out my maternity leave!!! How crazy is that!!!

Wishing you all the love and luck on your treatment. Be kind to yourself during this time! Do nice things, book nice things, ( ie manicure, dinner out with friends/partner etc) and look after yourself! xxx

Thanks guys

In one respect I am trying to prepare myself for it not working, but in another respect I haven't thought that far beyond the injections. It wasn't until FJL said that the worst bit was the TWW that I realised I hadn't even thought about that side of it. I am usually a 'take it as it comes' kind of person, but with this I am trying to think the worst and anything else is a bonus... If that makes sense

:hugs:

Babes.... wishing you all the luck in the world for Tuesday..... As you know i will be bugging you via email or text hee hee..
Sending you and John all our love from Me Stuart and Little Miss Squiggle Pants
Ps in answer to your question, i really havent a clue.... but i have every faith in your treatment
x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->