How long can be left?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

I was just those who pre make feeds.with formula amd put in fridge is it 12 or 24 hours they have to be used in?

Xx

12 hours x x but I found it best to preboil the water and just put that in the fridge.n add the powder later when and if required x

I have been doing what you said but because formula has to be put in water over 70 degrees I find it a noghtmare as is then too hot for lo to drink so have to cool down. Lol. Xx

The WHO guidelines say that formula can be stored in the fridge for 24 hours

I have been doing what you said but because formula has to be put in water over 70 degrees I find it a noghtmare as is then too hot for lo to drink so have to cool down. Lol. Xx

a trick i learnt with eldest was to add hot water to the amount of formula required so the formula powder reaches a high temp as to kill of any bacteria) in a sippy cup with measurements on the side. so say she was having 6 oz bottles, i would pre fill with 4 oz of boiling water and let them cool and put them in the fridge and then when the time came to make up a feed all i would need to do would be to pour 2 oz of boiling water into sippy cup, add the 6 scoops, stir with a clean tsp and then add it to the cold bottle from the fridge, it was always perfect temp every time and all that was involved was washing an extra sippy cup and tsp. I hated having to wait around for hot water to cool or cold to warm in a jug or bottle warmer. xxx

Why does the formula have to be added to such a high temp? High temps can really kill off the good stuff. My pet food store won't even sell dog food that has been cooked above a certain temperature. I can't imagine why it would be different for formula with milk proteins, and vitamins.

Apparantly because the formula isnt sterile it needs to be added to such high temp to kill any bacteria

xx

Apparantly because the formula isnt sterile it needs to be added to such high temp to kill any bacteria

xx

Formula makers should make a product that doesn't need to be nuked to make it safe. They don't have us do that over here (I still couldn't do it =/)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->