how long did it take for you to conceive?

selina3127

Reaction score
hi everyone
feeling alone and like i'm never gonna get pregnant again, was just wondering if you would all share with me how long it took you all to concieve befor and after your losses. seems everyone around me at the minute comes off contraception and falls straight away !!!!!
i came off the pill last year and it took 3 months to get pregnant but i lost that pregnancy in november, we have been trying since then and nothing !!!! so that is 7 months now, feel like it's never gonna happen and my was due date is 2 weeks away it's killin me :cry:
thanks girls xxxx
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey Selina. I had an MMC in October and got my BFP last week - a little over 6 months after my ERPC. I really think it took my body that long to recover although the wait wasn't through lack of trying! Its really hard when people around you seem to get pregnancy by just looking at their OHs! It will happen for you sweetie, you've given yourself the chance to recover (I remember you had some issues with spotting after your loss - I did too). Keeping everything crossed that your BFP is just around the corner. xxx

Hi Selina,

Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a tfmr on 22nd March and am also ttc again. You're so right, it does seem that everyone else falls pregnant at the drop of a hat!
Anyway, to answer your question: I conceived my daughter (now almost 4 yrs old) on the very first attempt without contraception and I didn't even know whether it was a fertile day! so I was lucky. With my son (who we lost in March) it took around 3 months to conceive.
I can't imagine falling pregnant again as have got it into my head its not gonna happen!
Wishing you all the best, Zoe x

Hi hun. Sorry for your loss and the pain u r feeling as your edd approaches -(

I was ttc for 5yrs with my ex partner and nothing. Me and my husband ttc for nrly 4mths before i got pregnant. Due to the surgery i needed we had to take a 3mth break from ttc so we are currently on cycle 2 of ttc this time around. Pray i get pregnant as quick as i did last time and that our baby grows in the right place this time xxx

thanks girls, i get myself down every time af is due something i've got to stop doing !!!!!!
hope u all get your bfp's really soon xxxx
and congrats triple b on your bfp xxxx

Hey hun my last mc was ectopic in November and nil hcg confirmed on Nov 28th. Just got my BFP today so 5 cycles later. And my mc last June I got my BFP in September (MC) and then again in Oct (ectopic)

I read an article somewhere about a girl BD every 18 hours from her first positive OPK, guess what we did this and look whats happened !!!

took us 14 cycles to conceive first time and that turned out to be an ectopic,
lost baby early december 2009 and my HCG was finally zero again, halfway january 2010.

started trying again after that.... no luck so far,
first round on clomid, metformin and doing IUI next week, we'll see how that goes

4 months, and really only 2 of them trying to time for ov and then mc.

oh i feel really bad moaning now all you girls are stars and we will all get there in the end i know we will, pma coming back xxxxxx

Does make me feel a bit bitter though when you hear of all these women who don't look after their children properly or moan that they don't want a baby! Doesn't seem fair when we all desperately want to conceive again x

yeah i just had a friend who's friend had a abortion at 14 weeks makes me soooooooooooo very mad, my baby was so wanted and would have been so loved yet another can be disreguarded and counted as nothing but a mistake thats easily erased makes me angry too !!!!!!!!! that's just the way it goes it's 1 hell of a cruel world
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey hun my last mc was ectopic in November and nil hcg confirmed on Nov 28th. Just got my BFP today so 5 cycles later. And my mc last June I got my BFP in September (MC) and then again in Oct (ectopic)

Fluffyblue, congrats!!! Make sure to tell the May testers. You'll be number 5 this month!!

i got pregnant on my first month of clomid (ttc 2 1/2 yrs) which ended in a MC, we left it a month and started clomid again, it was my third month on clomid this month and i got a BFP today :thumbup:

i was terrified it was going to take a really long time and i'm so grateful for my BFP, cautious but grateful! i'm just hoping to god it sticks this time *fingers crossed*

sending you :dust: good luck honey

my first pregnancy happened while we were NTNP which ended in miscarriage. My second pregnancy took us 2 cycles but also ended in a miscarriage. We are now on cycle 9 of trying and still no luck yet:shrug: This cycle is our first clomid cycle so I'm hoping it will do the trick! Waiting is so hard but it will happen eventually:hugs:

OMG i have just worked out when i will next be ovulating and i can't believe it's gonna be the 30th of may which was my edd !!!!!! least i will have something to focus on that day now !!!! xxxxxx

I love hearing when people get their BFP's soon after MC, give me hope. it's been the longest 6 weeks for me so far amd I'm not really sure if I have had AF yet because of loads of spotting and I am sure I havent O yet which is hard because we cant even begin trying.... but I did have a dream last night that I got my BFP so hopefully my dreams come true.

Congratulations fluffy blue :)

I hope you get your BFP soon selina.

it seems you spend 2 weeks of your time waiting to ov and then 2 weeks wishing your life away so you either get your af or bfp !!!!! these last 6 months have been the longest times in my life !!!!!
hope we all get speedy BFP's
good luck girls xxxxxxxxxxxx

I was thinking of doing a thread similar to this is PAL but with a poll added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->