How long did it take for your baby to crawl?

WelshOneEmma

1 DD, 1 DS plus 2MC
Reaction score
Not that I want her to as then all hell will break loose!

Emilia is 9 months old and moving around somehow (not sure how as doesnt bum shuffle or anything). for a couple of weeks now she is getting on all fours and rocking. Lifts her hands occasionally and then collapses.

So how long from getting on all fours and rocking do they, on average, start crawling?

Pretty sure Iona was about 8 months when she crawled backwards and then 9 when she managed forward :) xx

DD2 got up on all fours at 5 months and crawled a day before 7 months

DD was up on all fours for 2 weeks before moving, she just looked like she was doing push ups :haha:. Then for a week or so she did this push up, slither forward type move (like a worm) before properly crawling.

same as EleanorAce, about a week or so of pivoting and 'inchworming'

hmm, its been a couple of weeks and still no crawling. But i guess as she's moving somehow she doesn't need to? she now seems to be concentrating on trying to stand.

who knows what goes on in a baby's mind?!

Hunter got up onto all fours by about 6 months. Started crawling the day he turned 8 months.

He was getting up on all fours at 7 months and crawled just before 8 months. He also went backwards for a couple of days first.

Thomas didn't do it until 11.5 months but went from all fours to crawling within hours.

Alex was up on all fours at 5 months, crawling at 6 months.

All fours for about a week before 6 months and shuffling / dragging herself along and a week after 6 months (now) she's crawling, and lifting herself up!

10 months (1) and 5 months (2)

Some just care and some don't, lol

Thomas was 5 months when he 'army' crawled, and 6 months when he crawled properly.

Sophie just started crawling one day at 9 months on the dot, no rocking on all fours or army crawling beforehand.

Daughter first crawled at 10.5 months and my son at 11.5 months:flower:

After the all fours and rocking, it was maybe about 3-4 weeks? She got to a stage when she would sorta hop forward. And take one 'step' and then another and almost crawl, but she'd fall on her tummy before she could go any further. So she was up on her knees and rocking right around 7 months and started to crawl 8 months on the dot. They really are all different though. My friends baby was crawling and then standing a week later at 6 months. Other friends babies who are the same age as my daughter aren't close to crawling yet.

will be interesting to see how it goes then.

as she is somehow moving (not army crawling, not bum shuffling) she has suddenly decided she doesn't need to crawl properly. She is now trying to pull herself up on the table and wants to stand (supported). Just can't make up her mind!

Hi I know this was a couple of months ago and just wanted to see how your Emilia got on!

My Emilia has been rocking on all fours for about 5 weeks now and always seems to give up and decides rolling is the easier option, but with a lot less accuracy to get her where she wants to go! Not that I'm wishing for having to chase her around but she just seems to be so so frustrated at the moment that she can't move to where she wants to by herself!

Sometimes she gets on all fours then tried to push up onto her toes, I don't think she's quite figured out that she needs to move her arms to get places! I've been trying encouraging her but she ends up yelling in frustration at it all!

My LO started commando crawling at 6 months and then proper crawling shortly after she learned to sit herself up from lying down around 7 months. The sitting part was really the critical piece since it naturally put her onto all fours and it was easier to move from one spot to another that way rather than going all the way onto her belly. She did get up on all fours and rock a few times but it didn't really have any relation to becoming mobile.

Jason was on all fours at 5 months and started properly crawling at 6.5 months, he commando crawled before then though, it just took him ages to figure out how to move his arms as well as his legs :)

DS only went backwards for about a month before he started to crawl forwards at 8 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->