How long did it take you to concieve

Notlong2wait

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am on Microgynon 30 and will be taking my last pill 14th December. We will be then NTNP for our 1st baby straight away.
We are going for the NTNP approach as we have decided we do not want to end up getting stressed over the situation or make BD-ing regimental! !
I am still quite excited about it, and wondering if anyone else is or has been in the same situation!! !! ?? ?? xx

Thank you:thumbup:

First cycle with #1. I looked for EWCM and had lots of sex.

Ohhh thats brilliant, you are one lucky lady! Was that NTNP or TTC .. x

First baby I came off the pill and that same month (or was it month after can never remember!) I fell pregnant but we was using the ever so NOT reliable withdrawal loool (i was 22 at this point)

Second baby.. tried the first month and fell pregnant, was 25 at this point.

Either v fertile or v lucky lol

Ohhh thats brilliant, you are one lucky lady! Was that NTNP or TTC .. x

I didn't really know there was a difference at that point. We stopped bcp with the intention of getting pg but not wanting to worry too much about it. I tried to follow my cm so that we could use it as an indicator of fertility if we got more serious. We had more sex than usual, but because it was fun and we had a new reason to have sex so we both wanted it more iykwim.

So somewhere between TTC and NTNP. Defo not hard core TTC with temping and timed intercourse, but I had an idea when I was fertile and we dtd more than usual.

Celesse and mrsessex - send some of that lucky dust this way! :D

Ladies, you certainly do make a girl feel positive that it could happen quickly coming off the pill! Celesse that is exactly what I would like to do. I don't want to take the fun out of it and get stressed if its not happening straight away etc.. I really really want a baby but I don't want the ''making'' a baby to take over my life!!
Are you both trying again? xx

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I'm NTvhaa-NPcnn.... Not Trying very hard at all, Not Preventing cos no need. In other words I'm still breastfeeding and awaiting my fertility to return but not using contraception. Sex is purely recreational at the moment (if we get a chance) cos there's such a small chance of me getting pregnant atm. Though fingers crossed for an egg soon as LO is weaning.

Your profile picture is beautiful!! What an adorable little girl! I am sure she keeps you busy!
I am finding it more & more difficult. The closer the date, the further ir seems away! x

Hi all,

I am on Microgynon 30 and will be taking my last pill 14th December. We will be then NTNP for our 1st baby straight away.
We are going for the NTNP approach as we have decided we do not want to end up getting stressed over the situation or make BD-ing regimental! !
I am still quite excited about it, and wondering if anyone else is or has been in the same situation!! !! ?? ?? xx

Thank you:thumbup:

Hi, I guess I'm in the same situation. I too was on Microgynon 30 and took my last pill on 12th September. Although we are taking the NTNP approach I have certainly found myself analysing every twinge of my body hoping it is a sign that I'm PG. As I haven't had a true period since coming off the pill I have no idea how long my cycle is but I'm guessing AF should arrive next week so I shall wait to see what happens but if she hasn't appeared by next Friday I will take a test and will be hoping for a BFP. Thinking about it I'm probably more TTC then NTNP now I've started lol.

You're right though Notlong, it is nice to see it can happen quickly after coming off the pill. Good luck to us all ladies x

hiya, i never did the ntnp thing, i am ttc 11 months! but, my best friend was ntnp for 2 year before she fell pg.and now she is pg with second!. just to let u know, f nothing happens straight away, dont worry, it doesnt necessarily mean there's a problem! x

I was on the mini pill before i fell with my youngest son, hes 3 im november, it took 5 cycles off the pill to fall with him, but we didnt :sex: much as i was so tired all the time, so it was hit and miss lol.

I came off the pill (Mercillon, but Microgynon 30 before that)) mid-pack in July, had a withdrawal bleed, had my first period end of August and am currently having one now. Just to say it may take a while for things to settle. I'm not one of the lucky ones (yet), but it's early days. Most ways of working it out have me OVing some time around Halloween, but I'm going to try and track my CM this month as well. Good luck!!

Came off BCP June 2009 and it took a few cycles for things to get regular. At first I had AF every 2 weeks, then she disappeared for 6 weeks. Finally things got evened out. We were NTNP and got pg Sept 2010. Best wishes to ya.

Came off BCP in July & pregnant in beginning Sept with LO.

I had my implant out in February 2008, but we continued using protection until january 2009, then we started NTNP (i.e. not using any contraception and just having lots of fun! :winkwink: ) I fell pregnant straight away but miscarried. Tobias was conceived just 2 weeks after the miscarriage though :thumbup:

This time is a little different because i have been on the mini pill since february and only just stopped taking it on september 19th. AF arrived today so i am really hoping it's her last visit until next autumn at the very least!

Good luck! :dust:

I was on Microgynon - took last pill on 16 Sept 08 and got my BFP on 23 October 08. I had my breakthrough bleed and that was it - knocked up. We weren't ttc. Just went on hols and had lots of lovely :sex:. There was no NTNP forum back then so I'm looking forward to coming in here this time. Last pill being taken next Friday - 30 October - :happydance:

With #1 I was still on pill for the first 10 weeks of my pregnancy was only with OH 8 months and I was not expecting to get pregnant. All of the symptoms i had could be explained away as they matched when my iron levels drop. I told my mum on my 20th birthday lol. He's 5 now.

With #2 I stopped the pill for 6 weeks to give my body a break as i had been getting AF every 2 weeks. We weren't wanting another baby at the time we slipped up once and I got the morning after pill. Doctor sent me for tests, they suspected PCOS so sent me for a scan. At the scan they told me I was 8 weeks pregnant. Massive shock. he's 3 now and i wouldnt change him for the world.

Wanting #3 now not having the same luck. Had merina coil out Dec 09, used condoms until August as I wouldn't have fitted in my wedding dress otherwise.

Good luck to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->