How long did it take you to get a BFP after MC?

MissGossip

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

So as everyone may have been told 'you are more fertile after a miscarriage' I thought I would see if it's true and if anyone has any success stories or maybe not much success after a loss.

So how long did it take to conceive before your MC and have you conceived since or how long have you been trying since?

Hope this post doesn't offend anyone, I had a MC on Tuesday and am still bleeding but coming to terms with TTC straight away again, it took us 9 months to get pregnant and I'm so scared it's going to take as long this time.

Fingers crossed, lots of love to you all! Xx

I had a mc in sept and conceived again in December. I tried October didn't try november then tried December.

Sorry for your loss hon.

I had a mc in August and am now 8w, so 3 cycles but it personally took me that length of time to start ovulating again.

I'd had irregular ovulation since DS was born and it took nearly 10 months to get pregnant again (when I mc'd).

It can be around 4w-6w for your cycle to get back to normal after mc x

I responded to your post in the loss section, but thought I'd reply here too for anyone else who goes searching for a thread like this.

Two weeks. I had a MC at 6 weeks in October and, while I wasn't particularly trying, we weren't preventing either. I took a pregnancy test 4 weeks after my MC started bc I had been vomiting for a few days and wanted to put the crazy idea of pregnancy out of my head. I was shocked to get a positive, but an ultrasound 2 weeks later dated me at 6 weeks. Basically the first day of the MC worked out to cycle day 1.

I had been fortunate to conceive the first pregnancy on my third cycle trying, but had an unexplained "very bad feeling" about it from.the beginning -.to the point that the loss felt almost inevitable. I had fallen pregnant with my son on the third cycle as well.

This pregnancy has been extremely stressful, though I am so thankful that it seems to be going well. I think I would have been stressed regardless of when it happened. I mostly feel extremely lucky, but at the same time, I'm basically headed into week 19 of first trimester sickness and anxiety.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that things happen quickly for you. Just be prepared that it is biologically possible for them to happen immediately.

I had a d&c in June and waited until September to start trying again because of all the complications I had with the mc. I got pregnant in November ^_^

Oh, MissGossip! I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs:

It took me 5 cycles after my last mc to get pregnant with my now rainbow baby. I hope it happens for you soon because waiting that long was torture for me. Good luck and I wish you all the best for the future!

Sorry for your loss! It took over 10 weeks for my first cycle return then I didn't ovulate the first cycle had a break for the next one then first month back ttc with this pregnancy.

Hope it comes round quickly for you xx

I had a MC in Dec 2014. I figured we would wait at least 1 cycle to start trying just b/c I thought I should let my body have a little time to heal and regulate. I don't believe there's any actual evidence that one should wait x amount of time before TTCing, but most medical professionals will tell you to wait some amount of time before trying to again. That said, I was eager to start working on our rainbow, but my husband and I had certain circumstances: me starting a new job, so we were not trying but not preventing either. We wound up getting our BFP in May. We didn't have a hard time conceiving the first time around either, but I will say with MC, there's really no telling. I know people who have gotten pregnant immediately following a MC and others who have had trouble for many months before finally conceiving their rainbow. I hope you are one who gets her rainbow as soon as possible. Keep your chin up. I am so sorry for your loss.

Hey. I MC in April and got a BFP again in December. So was 9 cycles but 8 cycles trying. However in Nobember I found out I had cervicitus which could have been caused from the D and C. Took my antibiotics and fell pregnant that cycle. So makes me wonder if that's the reason it took longer this time. Seems strange that we conceived as soon as the infection went
No matter how long it takes though, it is worth the wait :flower:

Wow it's really interesting to see how much it varies, some posts it seems every woman fell pregnant within a month or 2 but it goes to show it isn't the case. I'm hoping it's not another 9 months but I guess if it takes that log I have no other choice but to keep trying! Thanks for all your experiences, how did you all find being pregnant again after a MC I'm a nervous wreck about it! Xx

Sorry for your loss, it's so traumatic I completely understand how you feel. I mc'd in September at 9+4 and felt the only thing to get me through it was to get pregnant again as soon as possible. So we started trying again before my first period came, it did come however but it was the only one I had. I fell pregnant straight after it and will hopefully hit 12 weeks tomorrow. I've been a nervous wreck though especially at the time I lost it last time (which this time worked out to be Christmas Day) thankfully it seems I'm very nearly through the worst of the worry. I did have an early scan at 7+1 to put my mind at ease and would recommend you do that next time as it really helped. Also I've had very strong symptoms this time which has been pretty reassuring throughout the first 12 weeks (and they don't show any signs of going yet). All the best and sorry again for your loss. Xx

Thanks so much for your responses :) yes I definately plan on having an early scan at 7 weeks, I was in two mind whether to have an early scan this time but nature made the decision for me and I started bleeding exactly 7 weeks, had a scan and sure enough an empty sac :(

I'm hoping it will happen quickly for us, bleeding has finished today so we plan on getting started right away. Thanks so much for everyone's stories xx

I think the earlier the mc, the better chance there is of things settling sooner rather than later. I am no doctor and I have no evidence of this but I've read a lot of posts in mc forums and that seems to be the case for lots of ladies.

Hopefully, because it's been early ish and fairly quick, you'll get back into the swing soon. But don't be disheartened if it takes a few months, your body's been through a lot so be kind to yourself. Good luck hon, hope you get your rainbow soon xx

Mc on Aug 6....had 3 periods and got a BFP 97 days after my MC. Sorry for your loss but wishing you a sticky bean soon!!!

If you are worried about offending, there is a pregnancy after loss forum here and everyone is very understanding, but I don't think anyone here minds either.

Anyway, I had a MC Nov 16th. Pregnancy progressed to 5 weeks, but I should have been 8 weeks along by the time everything passed.

We immediately started trying again after bleeding stopped. Tracked with cervical mucous. I ovulated around Nov 29th. BFP, Dec 7th. 8 weeks along today. I saw the heartbeat Tuesday. :)

It only took us one cycle to conceive prior to the MC, as well.

There's a theory that easy conceivers are more likely to MC though, because their bodies will accept zygotes that other women's body would not even allow to implant.

Wow it's really interesting to see how much it varies, some posts it seems every woman fell pregnant within a month or 2 but it goes to show it isn't the case. I'm hoping it's not another 9 months but I guess if it takes that log I have no other choice but to keep trying! Thanks for all your experiences, how did you all find being pregnant again after a MC I'm a nervous wreck about it! Xx

Completely understandable that you'd be a nervous wreck about it and maybe you will be! However, I expected that I would be absolutely a nervous nelly the entire time with my subsequent pregnancy. HOWEVER, it turned out that I was not at all! With the pregnancy I miscarried, I had a hunch from the beginning that it was doomed. Not sure exactly why, maybe just mama's instinct. This time around I felt much more optimistic upon getting the BFP, again, not sure exactly why. I think that having gone through a miscarriage and forgiving myself (realizing that the miscarriage was out of my control), actually helped prepare me for this pregnancy. Now, mind you. I had my moments where I became overly paranoid. I had a few drops of blood here and there in the first trimester related to an inflamed cervix, but it made me super anxious. I had my hCG drawn and that was good. I also insisted on an early viability scan and that was good. After that I was able to relax and enjoy, but still even now every once and a while my brain gets paranoid with the "what ifs" even though I'm at the very end of this pregnancy. Overall though I've not been a nervous wreck. I hope you get your BFP soon and that you have a nice and relaxing pregnancy! Good luck!

It took me a loooong time to get my two kids. 8 years of mixing TTC with not trying/not preventing. I had one miscarriage in July 2005, then finally had my baby boy in 2010. We weren't really trying for our daughter, so I don't know how much effort she would have taken, but we didn't use any protection after we had our son for a long while (I don't recall how long now, a year?), I was on the mini pill briefly but came off it as we were discussing having another baby and then got pregnant quickly.

This time I had an early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy in my last cycle and got pregnant again the next cycle.

its taken me a year since my last MC to get pregnant again as you can see from my signature my 1st miscarriage was pretty bad and i think my hormones were pretty messed up afterwards which as caused problems since, if you notice any changes in your cycles after your mc then see your doctor

I started an early miscarriage on 11/7. My husband and I waited for one cycle, which followed the normal pattern, so that my body and uterus could "heal." (I have been told by MD that this decreases risk for ectopic.) I got pregnant the next cycle that we tried, found out on 12/26! So it is most definitely possible, best wishes! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->