How long did it take?

paintrider89

Reaction score
I have a similar post, but my question is, how long did it take to get pregnant the first time? Then if you have had a MC. How long did it take actively trying before you got another BFP? Also, did that pregnancy work out?

I ask this, because when we first decide to try, or just stop preventing, I was pregnant within the first month, and we were VERY excited. However I lost our LO at 10 weeks. Now we want to try again, what do you think the chances are I will get pregnant again fast? Considering I got pregnant the first time so quickly, or was a just lucky the first time? I know we are not Docs. on here, but I know several of you ladies have quite a bit of personal experience, and I know all women are different, but I am just looking at what my luck or chances will be this time, if that make since?

It took two months to conceive my son, one month to conceive the baby I miscarried and two months to conceive this current baby (we took one month off from trying after the miscarriage) Good luck!

It took 8 months to conceive the first time which ended in mc at 6 weeks. We then decided to ntnp immediately and conceived straight away. It was quite a surprise as we tried so hard before.

I usually conceive within the first month or two of trying. This is my 5th pregnancy (I had 2 losses between my 2 successful pregnancies, and am now pregnant again), and this is the only one where we were "not trying but not preventing" and it still happened very quickly. For me, getting pregnant has been very easy...sustaining a pregnancy has been a bit harder. If your doctor gave you the go-ahead to start trying again, I would go for it...my last baby was conceived just a couple of weeks after an early m/c, and I had a perfect pregnancy with her! I have no advice other than to keep trying, and hopefully it will happen soon!!

No mc experience but dd1 took 8 months of trying and stopped pill 6 months before. Dd2 stopped pill and got pregnant straight away. I expected it to take longer the second time. I do think relaxing about it helps a lot.

my first time I was very relaxed. And when I saw try, we were mostly simply not preventing, we DTD almost every night, have since we were together, but I am not charting or temping...I have an appt. with dr on tue to see when I can try again, thanks so much for the response.

So sorry for your loss! I haven't experienced one myself, so I can't answer the second part of your question, but I got pregnant the 2nd cycle after I stopped BC. If you also had just come off hormonal BC before you got pregnant, that might have given you an extra fertility boost. But generally, if you're otherwise healthy, there should be no reason you have trouble getting pregnant again. Good luck! Fingers crossed for you.

It took 2 months of NTNP with my daughter. We lost her at 27 weeks and conceived 3 cycles later. We lost that baby at 6 weeks (actually MC at about 9 weeks), then conceived once my cycles returned and had a chemical. Two cycles later conceived the twins.

i conceived DS & MC first month then it took 12 months to concieve

i did ai with fresh donor sperm. i got pg the first time and lost the pregnancy at 5 weeks. got pregnant again the second go.

I don't think anyone can really tell you the chances of when it will happen. Good luck when you start TTC though. :flower:

For me it went like this...

Pregnancy 1: TTC 1 cycle- MMC found at 12 week scan, tried to wait it out naturally but had a D&C a few weeks later.

Pregnancy 2: TTC 1 cycle- Natural MC around 8-12 weeks (too scared to test right away and had irregular periods so not 100% sure of when it happened)

Pregnancy 3: TTC 1 cycle- High risk pregnancy with plenty of issues but it all worked out in the end.

Pregnancy 4: TTC 1 cycle- I am just over 37 weeks pregnant now.

Sorry to hear about your loss. :hugs: We had pretty much the same thing happen--pregnant the first cycle TTC, then MC at around 10 weeks.

What happened for me is that my cycles went totally wonky after the MC. Ranging from 39 to 51 days. After the first couple, I started temping and became pretty sure that I wasn't even ovulating. After the fourth cycle, I went to see my doctor--he checked my blood and noticed my thyroid was a little underperforming, and had also prescribed me a low dose of Clomid to try to jump start ovulation. Hypothyroidism can interfere with your cycles too. I'd already picked up the Clomid prescription when I found out, and he said there shouldn't be any issues, so I started taking thyroid medication and took Clomid this cycle. And either one or both of them worked, because we just got our BFP!

So it took five cycles, but it might have taken fewer if we'd realized there was a physical problem with my cycles earlier. (I hadn't wanted to go to the doctor before the fourth irregular cycle because I'd heard it was normal for the first three to be off and I was worried he'd just tell me to wait it out.) It seems that as long as I'm ovulating, I get pregnant pretty easily! Heh.

Good luck!

For me - Not long enough. Like, maybe a month.

We'd barely come to the decision to try when I came up pregnant. I was still wrapping my brain around the vague idea when it became a real one. Of course, I had already been off BC at the time we'd made the decision, just using condoms instead (we were hoping it was the pill causing low sex drive and that'd come back to me).

Sorry for your loss, hugs!! I think it's different for everyone.
We conceived cycle 5, had a MC at 9.5 weeks
Conceived cycle 2 after D&C, chemical
Got put on progesterone, conceived again the very next cycle and am 14 weeks tomorrow!
I'm lucky that I get HUGE symptoms that I'm about to O, so just one DTD timed on the right day was all we needed each time! Best of luck!

It took us 9 months to get pregnant with our first :)

Took about 3 months of NTNP to conceive this one (my first). I'm at 17 weeks now and all seems to be going well. I had never tried to get pregnant before, and had always been very careful not to.

I got pregnant November 2012, miscarried that baby in Jan 2013. Got pregnant again Feb 2013 and I'm now 14w and 6d pregnant!​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->