how long did people wait to dtd?

Mrs_Grissom

Reaction score
hi just wondered how long did people wait after a c section to dtd? my OH is very keen and I'm not completely against the idea lol, but I feel a bit anxious about the bleeding and of course not wanting to pull my tummy or hurt my wound x

Well, I haven't had my section yet but I have been told to wait 4-6 weeks at the very least. I don't plan on it until I get the all clear from my doctor as I don't want to risk infection or any other issues. If you're still bleeding then I definitely think you need to give it some time. There are other things you can do for your hubby if you feel like it :) He may be keen but he hasn't had major surgery so I think a little patience is required in this situation!

I waited 6 weeks, the day after I had my 6 wk checkup and was told everything was a-ok some people have done it sooner and other later. I think you should when you feel ready and make sure to use lots of lube and make sure DH does not press his body on yours. When we dtd it was great no pain!

I think im gonna wait for the bleeding to stop, as it makes me feel all yuk! :sick: Plus my HUGE knickers arent really a turn on!!!

I believe my husband and I waited till around the 6 week pp check up. I know I had my period either right before or after it so it was somewhere around that time. It was 6 years ago so it is not exactly fresh in my mind. lol

out of.curiosity does everyone have a 6 week check up? this is the first I'm hearing about this lol x

I am in Canada and it seems pretty standard. They do a pap, make sure you uterus is back to normal size, discuss birth control options and usually ask about any issues with depression or anxiety.

It'll be 6 weeks for me on Monday. Oh wants to, but no way. my wound is still tender, and stomach is a bit sore still. He'll have to wait!! I was told to wait 6 weeks, as long as the bleeding has stopped and your comfortable. Ive got my 6 week check up next week. It's pretty standard, check the wound, your muscles, etc x

I heard it's pretty important to wait until your bleeding stops because of the risk of infection. I got my first period pretty much the week after my bleeding stopped so it was about 7 to 8 weeks before we DTD again. By then my stitches had healed sufficiently to make the experience pain-free. However, even now it's kind of tender if DH gets "grabby" and accidentally pulls on that area.

I think it was 3 weeks after cos the bleeding stopped and we were both gagging for it lol

I think it was 3 weeks after cos the bleeding stopped and we were both gagging for it lol

Lol :haha::haha:

Us too, we wait a whole 16 days!! just long enough for mw to go back on the pill, Dr advised to wait a week to allow it to work, but we'd already :sex:
by then and used the pull out method.

It was great to start off with, then it hurt a bit, we used some lube and that helped, but seems to have settled down again.
It was weird cause I didn't give birth vaginally to her, and she's my first so why all the changes????

We waited about 5 weeks. The '6 week check' for me was pointless, nothing happened- didn't even look at my scar!

We waited about 5 weeks. The '6 week check' for me was pointless, nothing happened- didn't even look at my scar!

Mine was rubbish too, I just got told off for not bfeeding

out of.curiosity does everyone have a 6 week check up? this is the first I'm hearing about this lol x

I always had a 6 week check in the Uk & now im also having one in Australia

Im suprised you havent been told to have one!? :shrug:

So was it the hospital who told you you had to go see a dr in 6 weeks then? I know LO has a 6 week check but no-one's told me I have to have one :shrug:

So was it the hospital who told you you had to go see a dr in 6 weeks then? I know LO has a 6 week check but no-one's told me I have to have one :shrug:

Yes the hospital told me....You defo need to have one

I thought the LO has an 8 week check, not 6 week, but I could be wrong? :shrug: Check in your baby record book ~ or ring your health visitor :thumbup:

I havent been told anything about a 6 week check for me either. I have one for baby but not me. This is the first I have heard about it.

We waited about 3 weeks and dtd but my caesarian was a pretty good experience and I was out and about within 5 days and only had minimal pain afterwards (other than the immediate 2 days following the op). We havent done it since though as it started to get uncomfortable as I dried up and felt I was getting friction burns after a while and we had to stop!!

DH wanted it the other day so i had to give it up so only about 11 days. Used condoms as i haven't organized BC yet. Wasnt told not too lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->