How long did they tell you to wait?

MustangGTgirl

#3 Due in April 2012!
Reaction score
I had my D&C today for a missed miscarriage and my doctor said that there was a new study just released that says you should wait atleast 2 months to try to get pregnant again because there was a significant increase in autism if you get pregnant right after a miscarriage.

Just wondering how long everybody was told to wait?

i had a D&C a week ago and they told me to wait 3 months so that the uterus could heal and a good lining could develop. But i've also heard that you can try after your first AF. So im not really sure, ive never heard about it being related to autisim, pretty interesting and good to know.

Sorry for your loss :hug:

I was told at first 3 monhs, then went for my check up and was given the all clear to try straight away, on my first 2WW xx So would advise to wait and speak to your OB when you go for your first appointment

I was told to wait three cycles.. I lost in october 2010 :(
I'm in my tww now. You have to give your body time to heal because is not only traumatic mentally but physicaly too!

Give your self some time to make yourself strong and a have a chat with your Doctor before you start again :)

I was told to wait till the bleeding stopped and then recommended to wait till after first AF, that is purely to make life easier for the Drs and midwives for dating reasons, there is no medical reason to wait, your ready when your ready. Infact the studdies suggest getting PG within 6 mths increases your chances of having a H & H 9 mths and healthy birth!

I was told to wait till the bleeding stopped and then recommended to wait to my first AF but this was only for dating reasons, there is no medical reason. Your ready when your ready!!

Studies recommend to TTC again within 6 mths of miscarriage.

I personally haven't waited, I'm still waiting for my first AF after a ERPC in jan but have taken the NTNP for this mth as there is nothing I can do as temping, OPK or saliva don't work at the mo cos my hormones are all over the place!

Good luck

I've never heard of that autism bit- and honestly it makes me a big skeptical hearing a specific disorder being mentioned. I just don't believe that. I think if you had a d&c- it proooooooooooobably is best to wait at least 1 cycle- my doc said 3 months before any fertility meds could be reintroduced (I took Clomid) ... but I am personally NOT waiting 3 months- no way jose- I know I am taking a NTNP approach for the 1st month too. If my body is ready to get pregnant- it will- and if it isn't- then it isn't. I know it's such a hard decision and I read through A LOT of info about this subject and I think the overall consensus that I got was waiting til you have your 1st AF is the best time to start. But honestly my dear, do what is best for you- if you had no complications- then take the path that works for YOU. :hugs:

i was told to wait 2weeks b4 bd and ttc after AF but we are trying anyway b4 af

Hi hun, there are so many different opinions on how long to wait! I was told to wait 1 cycle but its not the end of the world if you dont wait. Like said above its more so they can clearly count how far along you are if you do fall pregnant straight after. We took the advice waited 1 month then NTNP for 10 months and now TTC. I dont think I ovulated for first 3 months either. Your body has been through a trauma so it does need time to recover.
Good luck hun xxx

wannabe: if i AM preg which i think i maybe:shock: would they scan earlier?

Hi babyhopes,
Where I am they definitley would scan early! When I had my first midwife meeting when I was pregnant she asked if I had suffered a loss which I hadnt at that point, cos they keep a close eye on your first 12 weeks if you have lost before. I have a friend who had an ectopic, she had 2 scans before the 12 week scan, she is currently in labour with her baby as we speak!
Good luck hun xxx

wannabe: if i AM preg which i think i maybe:shock: would they scan earlier?

I went to the EPU @ my local hospital for an early scan cos i had some pain, when they found that my bean had stopped growing @ 6wks, they were awesome. They did say that i can request to go back for an early scan for my next pregnancy, she said i cant ring them direct but that my dr can refer me again. It will put my mind at rest 7/8 weeks will be long enough 12 would be torture xx

hi ladies i was told wait for first AF and if you feel ready after that then its totally up to you and your partner. i think your body will tell you when its ready so emotionally its totally up to whenever you feel ready. anyone who has suffered a loss, late or early is entitled to an early scan between 8 and 10 weeks and close monitoring throughout!! no need to be putting any more stress on ourselves after all this! hope you are all well xxx

I am waiting to find out after my next follow-up visit. I felt as though I'd be ready to start trying after that visit, but I suddenly started bleeding again yesterday so I might wait a few more weeks before having sex to make sure that I am healed. It sucks to wait but I'd rather hold off on TTC for a cycle or two to make sure that I am healthy for #2. I really don't want to wait, though :(

I was told to wait a couple of months but will be confirming this when I see my OB next week for a post surgery follow up appt. I aim to wait at least till after 1st AF - which I believe can take up to a couple of months to return. :shrug:

It ranged for me. The first doc I met in the hospital said 2-3 months. The second doctor said to wait until after one AF. Then my own doc said one cycle. I did ask him would it be bad to start sooner, he said not bad as such just a strain on my body.

But to be honest I started again. I got a pos opk yesterday. Shortlived one but hoping it was the real deal and have been bding each night. So fingers crossed. I feel ready and as I had a natural miscarriage I see no harm in letting things happen if they want to happen!

I had a mc at 10 weeks In Jan and the doc/midwives advised to wait one cycle before tcc again, which we did and I'm now pregnant again. i think the only reason they say to wait at least 1 cycle is so they can date it more easily (though isn't that what dating scans are for?!). I've never heard anything about links to autism. I have heard that it's best to ttc again within 6 months of a loss. The most important thing though it only to start ttc again when you and your partner are ready xx

It ranged for me. The first doc I met in the hospital said 2-3 months. The second doctor said to wait until after one AF. Then my own doc said one cycle. I did ask him would it be bad to start sooner, he said not bad as such just a strain on my body.

But to be honest I started again. I got a pos opk yesterday. Shortlived one but hoping it was the real deal and have been bding each night. So fingers crossed. I feel ready and as I had a natural miscarriage I see no harm in letting things happen if they want to happen!

Hi there lyo28, sorry for your recent loss. I also had a natural mc at 10 weeks in Jan. The only reason we didn't start trying again is we'd been advised to wait one cycle though I should have actually asked for questions about why that is as I'd have liked to have started trying again sooner. Saying that, the mc did completely drain me and it took me a good few weeks before I felt physically ok again (and stopped crying at everyone I spoke to!). My hcg level took 4 weeks to go back to normal, even though I ovulated during that time, weird. I agree that if you're ovulating then your body must be ready to conceive so if you feel up to it, then go for it. Good luck !! x

i was told when bleeding stops as my doc said they like one cycle in as they want to date it..but scans do that...i agree with readytta when your bodies ready it will produce an egg..
i work with autistic children and done many diplomas in this field and never ever come across a connection in mc and the autistic spectrum...
gl

Hi Readytta,

Sorry to hear about your loss too. I think I am emotionally better off myself trying again straightaway as before I realised I was ovulation I felt a bit hopeless and stressed. But the thought of conceiving again gives me hope and excitement and I feel a million times better- well still feel crap but a million times better than before ttc! It is hard to know what to do with so much conflicting evidence. I was lucky in a way though as my HCG never got that high. i think about 4000 max. So it came down very quickly. Like by 10 days of miscarriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->