How long did you wait for 1st AF after a MMC?

Mama4

Mommy to 5
Reaction score
Hi ladies...I had a MMC - found out about it March 2nd at the scan. I was supposed to be 9 weeks along, but there was nothing there - just a big empty gestational sac! :nope: I had a D&C the next day...

Now its been over a month and my hubby and I are doing well - Im even kicking round the idea of NTNP...but not certain yet what we will decide...

Anyway, Im beginning to get a little curious about how long it will take before I get my first AF. Of course after the D&C I had bleeding for a little over a week, but nothing out of the ordinary or even all that painful...

How long did you have to wait for your first official AF after a MC or MMC???
I know this can vary with everyone - but I'd like to hear what happened to others who were in this same boat..

Thanks!

I had my ERPC on 24 March after mmc, so am still waiting too, and interested to hear wait others had

hope you are healing well mama

I had mc 7-8 weeks mid december - first af was 35 days after I started bleeding hx

Im now 37 days past the day of the D&C...really kinda thought I'd have started again by now, but Im sure there are ladies who've waited even longer. My cycles were kinda running longer than they did when I was younger in the months before I got my BFP's.

I actually got a BFP in early Dec. but lost that pregnancy at 5 weeks - started AF on my own with that one, but it was awfully sad to get positives for a week of testing and then whammo! We didnt wait to try again and as a result got a BFP again in January! Had scan at 5 weeks and again at 6wks 1day with that pregnancy. Things seemed ok. I went back for another scan at 9 weeks and it was all gone!

So my hubby and I were both stung and not real sure we ever wanted to try again...still not certain...but would sure like to get back to feeling like I have a resonably normal cycle!

Thanks for the replies ladies, and Im awfully sorry for your losses!

That mustve been so hard, big hug and lots of love.

My doc told me its not unusual to have to wait 7 or 8 weeks for af, and i think the average is 5 or 6 weeks, so 37 days is very much within normal range

i understand about taking a break, i think if youve been hit so hard, it would be good to give your emotional health a bit of time to recoup. If i have a second, i honestly dont know if i will be able to carry on either. Are you just going to see how you feel when you get your cycles back and have some time? With this sort of roller coaster, its hard to know how you will feel in an hour, let alone in a week, so i can see how one day at a time would be best

Thanks so much! I didnt think to ask my Doc when I went for the follow up check and he didnt tell me how long the wait would be. He did just say he'd suggest us giving it a few cycles and then we are all clear to try again.

My hubby and I were both very upset and sad about the two in a row heartbreaks, and neither of us has been able to really make up our minds what we want..

One day at a time is definitely the best advice I could give anyone going through this. Give yourself room to feel it, comprehend it, cope with it and heal. Time does make you feel a little better, it really does. Ive tried to focus on my other children and remind myself of allllll the things I have to be thankful for.

Hugs!!!

Hi flower, I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had my ERPC after MMC on 8th jan and only got my AF on CD 37.

Hope your body regulates soon Hun xxx

im so sorry for ur loss honey :hugs: i discovered i had a blighted ovum at my first scan :(

my first af came 9 weeks and 2 days later..loooong wait!

xx

So sorry for your losses xx

I had a mc in March, the bleeding started on the 8th but wasnt confirmed mc until the following week. The witch arrived today.

I know what you mean about not knowing what you want to do, the cycle before mc I had a chemical. But I am determined to get a healthy, sticky bean xx

I'm on CD40 and still waiting after MMC...

I had Isabella at 13 weeks (she died the day before my 13 week scan) and had her naturally but ended up with a d&c due to retained placenta. I ovulated 20 days after that and am 9dpo so I guess my first period will be 34 days or so after I lost her.

Thanks ladies for all your replies. It makes me feel a little more "normal" to hear there are others of you who had to wait a long time before AF finally arrived. Im now CD40 after the D&C and still no sign of AF....ho-hum....

Guess it really doesnt matter all that much at this point. Im just going to try not to think about it too much, not stress over it since we are not planning to try anytime soon anyway..

Just being in limbo kinda feels strange after so long of trying so hard...
To each of you - Im so sorry to hear about the heartache you have each endured...I hope you all have a good day today and things are getting a little easier for you.

xxSmilexx

CD41 - No signs of AF on the way at all...
I kinda wonder whats going on in there...anything??? Have my bits just stopped or have I possibly ovulated since the D&C? All kinds of questions goin on in my head...

hmmmmm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->