How long did you wait to tell your family/friends?

michelle8733

Mom to Scarlett Grace
Reaction score
Just curious how far along did everyone wait before you told your family/friends that you're pregnant? I'm not sure if I want to tell them after our first ultrasound, which is this wednesday, or if we should wait til later a littler farther into the pregnancy just because everything is so unsure so early on.

I told family when I found out, (3 weeks!) and some friends! Work when I was about 6 weeks cause I felt so sick and kept being late! Lol

The first time I told everyone at about 6 weeks. Not by choice, but let's just say someone with a big mouth found out, and I'd rather the family heard it from us first.

But then I had a mmc at 10 weeks. It made it a lot harder that everyone knew about it and we had to tell them.

So this time, until we have a scan with a heartbeat, we aren't telling anyone.

If my OH had it his way, people wouldn't know until I gave birth lol :haha:

I haven't told anyone yet, was thinking of waiting til Christmas. At least until I hear the heartbeat.

I was 14 weeks when we broke the news, we wanted to be clear of first trimester to be sure things were ok. Telling or not telling early doesn't make a certain outcome happen, it will happen either way. If you worry, keep it to family until you feel like telling everyone else.

With our first, we only told 2 or 3 people before 12 weeks then told everyone.

This time, we have already told a few more than last time. I have had to tell work as I do a different job now and I couldn't have waited til 12 weeks really. Also told a couple of friends.

It is a tough call really as I can understand not wanting to have to break bad news to a lot of people if something happens but I also think I would want as much support as possible if it were to happen too.

X

I've told my mother, my sister and a couple of close friends who were there for me after our previous losses, but won't be announcing properly until at least 12 weeks - probably more like 16.

I told my mum n sister the day i found out after being a week late.

my mum wanted to know what was wrong cause i hadn been feeling well that week so once i found at the doctors that i was pregnant i had to tell my mum and my mum made me tell my sister whom didn take it well still hasn and quote says my baby is a mistake :cry:

We will tell family Christmas Eve, I will be exactly 15 weeks. We told everyone at 7 weeks last time then had a missed miscarriage. . It was so hard facing everyone!! That's why we will be waiting so long!! I have my next ultrasound December 6th otherwise we would have told people at Thanksgiving tomorrow but since we won't have another scan before then we decided to wait until Christmas Eve!!!

my mum wanted to know what was wrong cause i hadn been feeling well that week so once i found at the doctors that i was pregnant i had to tell my mum and my mum made me tell my sister whom didn take it well still hasn and quote says my baby is a mistake :cry:

What a horrible thing to say! :nope: Do you think she might be jealous?

Ignore her hun and bollocks to her. If she can't be supportive and pleasant then it's not worth the hassle. :flower:

xx

We havent told anyone and won't until after my 12 week appt this Thursday.

We are waiting to tell family until Thanksgiving :)

What a horrible thing to say! :nope: Do you think she might be jealous?

Ignore her hun and bollocks to her. If she can't be supportive and pleasant then it's not worth the hassle. :flower:

xx

i do ignore her :) but she shouldn be jelouse she gave birth to a baby boy this morning xx

I've told my best friend and that is it. I am planning on telling close members of the family at Christmas. I have to figure out how to tell my daughter first :) x

We told our parents & siblings after getting :bfp: confirmed by doubling hcg blood tests, then very close friends after detecting a heartbeat at 6+3. I had a reassurance scan at 9 weeks today and dr said mc risk down to 1% so we feel pretty good telling the rest of our close friends. Good luck xx!

I am waiting to tell my family and friends after 13 week scan which is this Thursday! :happydance: They will be thrilled to bits for us both.

We've had earlier scans showing baby doing well, but I didn't feel confident as the last scan was due to a heavy bleed. I lost a pregnancy earlier this year at 5 weeks, and was glad I hadn't told anyone as I didn't have to share that pain (I'm just funny like that).

However my boss knows! ....because I declined to go on a very important work trip due to that heavy bleed. He was an absolute star though, totally discreet and supportive. I am looking forward to telling the rest of my colleagues, as I'm sure they think I am just getting fat! :haha:

Last pregnancy we waited to tell friends and family after we saw the 12 week scan but then we found out that baby was not compatible with life through nt blood testing.

This time we will wait til after scan and after testing results are back. Hoping to tell on Christmas day xxx

Last pregnancy my Dh wanted to tell EVERYBODY!!! I ended up miscarrying about a week later at 5+1. It made it really hard on me because I had everybody calling ME. I even had people asking me what was wrong with me that made me miscarry. WTF. This time I told DH he wasnt allowed to tell anybody until we had an ultrasound and all my hormone levels were good and stable. I told my mom and sister and brother because I know they wont go telling everybody. I waited till I had at least 3 blood tests done with good results though. I still didnt want to tell my father in law though because DH and I don't talk to a lot of his family and his dad has a big mouth. Im just nervous about telling anybody. We have a scan to see the heartbeat tomorrow though, yay!!!!

I told family after my forst ultrasound last time around and everyone else after 12 weeks. I just told a good friend last night (i'm 6 weeks) only because i wanted to bitch and talk about my fears! I have my first aono in two weeks and will tell family again after that. I keep it like this: i will tell thpse early who i would want to know if i ended up miscarrying god forbid that happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->