How long did you wait to TTC after a D&C?

beachlover1

Pregnant and mummy of one
Reaction score
Just wondering how long everyone waited to TTC after they had a D&C or a natural MC? Did you stick to the guidelines of 1 cycle or did you just get started straight away?
:wacko:

Hi there

I would be interested in the replies to this myself.

I had a D&C last Tuesday night and was told to wait until I had a period for dating and emotional reasons.

However, I want to try again from next week, which is when the 2 week wait period isup after the D&C.

Have done a lot of research in the past week I have been off work and have yet to find conclusive evidence either way. Have read a lot of stories about people getting pregnant after D&C straight away and all was fine. Also read its recommended due to the womb lining not being as thick straight after but unable to find any information as yet on how long it is thinner for.

Have decided to get some tests carried out privately just to make sure no obvious reasons for the miscarriage i.e. ovaries, womb checked and bloods etc. I am also going to enquire about baby/low dose asprin.

I am going to take HPT in the morning to see if that is now negative also.

I would like to start trying next weekend which will be nearly 3 weeks after D&C.

Also another thought was what if it takes a few months to get pregnant - then it wouldn't matter?

Hmmm tricky one:wacko:

Sorry to hear about your loss. I had a D&C and waited 6 months. My doctor said the same thing, that for dating reasons you should wait at least one cycle. He went on further to say that I would lower my risk of another MC if I waited 3-6 months. He also stressed the importance of being emotionally ready. He said to take the time to mourn my loss, heal my body and mind and then try again for another. We waited, which was very hard because we wanted a baby so badly but I am so glad that I did. I was a crazy woman when I got pregnant again. I was pretty sure my doc was going to get a restraining order against me! lol. I called for every pain and poke and sick feeling. I am sure it would have been worse if I would have gotten pregnant straight away. Now I have a healthy 7 1/2 month old :) Really, it is a personal choice. Whatever you decide, do take your docs advise under great consideration because they have your health and your babies at heart!! Good luck!!

Hi there, I had a D&C in April following a MMC, and we started trying again in June. I fell pregnant again this month (July/Aug), but have lost the baby at just over 5 weeks over this weekend. It's hit me really hard this time, I felt like I was over the last one, but it feels very raw just now. I wish I had waited longer now, I can't help feeling that it was maybe too soon for my body, and that's why I've miscarried again.

I had a mmc in Feb this year and had to have a d+c we waited about 3 weeks after then started trying again still havent had any luck yet good luck to you all xxxxxxxxxx

Hi there, I had a D&C in April following a MMC, and we started trying again in June. I fell pregnant again this month (July/Aug), but have lost the baby at just over 5 weeks over this weekend. It's hit me really hard this time, I felt like I was over the last one, but it feels very raw just now. I wish I had waited longer now, I can't help feeling that it was maybe too soon for my body, and that's why I've miscarried again.

Thanks for your message Janiepops, im sorry for your los but you mst not blame yourself! There is NO evidence to say that trying too soon will have a greater risk of MC again. Keep strong x

Hi, i'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: i had a mmc in june and my last d and c was june 15th, af arrived on july 11th and we were back to it last month so we only waited 1 cycle on instruction of my GP. xxxx

My first mc ended in a d&c. We waited only one cycle and it took us 4 to get pg again. That one ended in a mc at 8wks (hb at 7wks, gone by 8wks). I ended up mc that one naturally and then fell pg only on the 2nd cycle aftwards and had my daughter. Now I am back in the same boat again with another d&c scheduled for next week. I will probably be waiting longer to try if we do at all because we are going to do genetic testing first to see if there is any reasons behind the losses besides just bad luck (which I know we already have).

We were NTNP after my D&C July 23, but my first AF just came on, so I will be actively trying from here on out. Guess my doctor will be happy at least! (Since it will be easier to date my next pregnancy)

Hello there,

I had d and c on 24th june, we didn't want to wait but it didn't happen that month, I have now just found out im preg again now, so only had one af. Just praying that this one sticks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->